ii| Muting the Past and Wishing it Would Pass

New London^

Revised|

I start to struggle against the hold he has on me and when that doesn't work I take notes from my a movie, Miss Congeniality. I S.I.N.G I mumble,

"Solar plexus, instep, nose, groin!"

The man falls down with a groan and I quickly turn and start to run the other way. I look to the left and see a guy about to tackle me and the same on the right. Just as they are about to come into contact with me I stop running and they both slam into each other.

I look behind me when I hear clapping.

"Well that was entertaining... but you did shoot one of my guys."

I look up at him, he's the same guy that was on the phone.

"How do you know I shot him? How do you know this place isn't surrounded... so I would suggest, or rather enforce, that you let me walk out of here right now."

The man's face turns to one of anger.

"I'm Brandon, don't know if you who I am but I would-"

I cut him off.

"I'm London. You might want to do a little research before coming after me."

The man mumbles something about having shiftless tech people. I smirk at him.

"Ok, listen. I didn't know you were... you. I just wanted to contact you to see if you would join my gang. We could use a good pick pocket."

I narrow my eyes at him and turn around and hear whispering.

"Told you, you muffin head. We should have left her alone. Now she'll get her associates to whip us into whip cream!"

I burst out laughing and turn around.

Brandon is holding another man by the shirt, "Shut up or you're dead Blake!"

I smile at Blake.

"Your funny."

He smiles at me and does a bow. I grin wider.

"Let's be best friends."

He smiles and nods, and just like that I've gained a new friend... well my only friend.

-

I smile as I cross into Lorenzo's territory. I quickly head to the tattoo shop and when I enter I smile at Rick and he raises an eyebrow.

"Just ran into Brandon's gang... pretty sure their following me."

Rick shakes his head.

"What have you gotten yourself into now London?" He asks raising an eyebrow. "Lorenzo and Red are downstairs, head down. I'll deal with your little pest problem."

I raise my eyebrows but head down towards the basement/warehouse none the less.

-

I tread down the metal staircases and head to the showers. When I get there I quickly hang up my bag and strip down.

After my shower I feel refreshed and cleaned and head over to my corner.

I slowly smile when I see my desk and actual laptop. I quickly open my backpack and take out the homemade one and replace it with the Mac. As I am restocking everything in my bag footsteps pound down the stairs. I see Brandon holding a bloody Rick. I muffle a gasp and quickly get my med kit out. Before my life went sideways I wanted to be a nurse, so I have a little practice. I grab a gun out of the many weapons in my desk and make my way over to Rick. He coughs when he sees me and punches Brandon weakly. As he staggers to me I grab hold of his arms and set him on the floor.