Prologue: A Grave Mistake

Inside a dimly-lit room, located in an ancient, gloomy temple, a stone pedestal stood tall and proud. Vines easily weaved their way into the cracks of the crumbling walls, slightly dangling down to the cold, rough floor. Perched on the pedestal was a clear, spherical orb. A light tint of purple mist endlessly swirled around inside of it, giving the object an eerie look.

     A silhouette was staring down at the orb with curiosity clouding the individual's gaze. Suddenly, the mist inside the orb began to swarm inside, and brightly glowed until it was too blinding to look at. "I have waited for your arrival since the beginning of time." An eerie voice rasped in the individual's mind. "And now, you're finally here." It suddenly began to sinisterly laugh. "Who are you? Where are you?" The man's voice suddenly asked, whom belonged to the individual. He was slightly frightened, yet disturbed. "I am perched before you, on this very pedestal." The voice responded calmly. "I am the orb, which is speaking to you at this very moment." The orb didn't wait for a response, proceeding to somehow keep speaking telepathically. "I have great plans for you, master. We shall work alongside each other, and then, we will rule this world!" It exclaimed, followed by more sinister laughter. "Master? What is wrong with you?" The man asked, then firmly continued. "I am no one's master! I'm simply a being on this earth, and that is all I will ever be."

     This response sent the orb into a fit of laughter. "Oh, but you will soon be so much more. Follow me and you will gain power you couldn't even imagine!" The orb's laughter suddenly ceased and came to a stop, fading away into silence, only to be replaced with speech. "So, what do you say? Will you rule with me?" It asked, waiting for the man's response. "No." The man replied flatly, his voice heavy with disinterest.

     The orb was silent, and no one spoke for a long while. "You fool!" The voice from the orb suddenly shrieked, shattering the excessive moment of silence from before. "If you won't willingly join me, then I will take your allegiance- by force!" The orb began to glow again, and when the light had dimmed, the man was still staring down at the orb, except something was off. His gaze was distant and clouded. Mesmerized, almost. His hand slowly descended towards the orb, and unwillingly, he eventually touched its spherical, glass surface. As soon as this had happened, the orb began to laugh again. "Now, you belong to me, you fool! No one can stop me, now! No one!" The orb's words were followed by laughter, which echoed around the large temple and seemed to last forever.