Chapter 16

Ady's pov

"Call me when you get home." Kevin said and looked at Jake before leaving with Jackson.

I bet he wanted some explanation from me. 😑

"Andy.. do you want to go back to the shop?" Jake smile at me and motion back to the bubble tea shop.

"It's ok.. let's just talk now. I want to be home early so.. what do you want to talk about?" I avoided looking at him, and just played with the strap of my bag.

"Andrea.. " Jake gently grab my shoulders to make me look at him eye to eye.

"I'm sorry.. for not staying by your side." Jake said sincerely. No matter how I tried to look so tough, my tears will always betray me at times like this.

"Wae??? You didn't know how much guilt I felt.. " I sob infront of him. I don't care if there are people passing by, I just want to let this out.

"I didn't mean those things I said. I mean, I just got blinded.. I mistook it for love but I then realized it that you're just like a brother to me.. why didn't you let me explain before leaving???" I cried totally while ranting at him. He got surprised at what I said but then smiled afterwards.

"Ayyyyee. You're still the same Andrea. You're still a crybaby. " He chuckled then pull me for a hug.

"Ya! I hate you. I missed my best friend." I pulled away from him. I really missed my best friend.

"I'm sorry.. can you forgive me? I missed my best friend too." Jake said tearly. One thing that we're alike is that we're both cry easily. He may be a boy but he cries so easily.

"I really hate you .." I wipe my tears and look at him with a small smile.

"I missed you Andy.." he grin and hugged me again.

"Jagganman.. " I said then looked at him seriously. "Why didn't you tell me that you'll be leaving and stay in Canada?" I crossed my arms.

"It was a long story.. " Jake grab my hand and started walking.

"Well.. I wanna hear it." I said. I'm a bit curious.. was it really because of me? Of what I said?

"Our business went in a difficulty at that time.. "he slowed down as he started to tell me the story. "Dad decided that it would be better if we moved there so I could also help with our business." He sigh.

"It didn't went well for the first month.. and so they decided to put me in an arranged marriage to save our company."

"What???!!!" I don't think I heard it right. Arranged marriage? Was it still possible at this kind of generation we're in?

"I didn't accept it, of course. I tried my best for months to bring back our company's success without getting some help from that family."

Daebak. (Amazing) I shouldn't have been hard on him at first, if only I know how much he have been through.

"Then....? Is it ok now?" I asked.

"Yup. I managed to bring back our company's success." He grin at me.

"Daebak.. but are you going to stay here for good? Or are you going back to Canada after... ?" I trailed off not knowing how long he will be here.

"I still don't know. ." We stop by the bench and sat to rest for awhile.

"What do you mean? Ow sorry I haven't introduce you to my friends awhile ago." I almost face palm when I recalled what happened earlier.

"Who was the other guy? Is he your boyfriend?" He got serious now.

"Mwo??? Aniyo." I chuckle at what he said but he only frown at me.

"What? You know I don't understand that allien language." He whined.

Oops. I forgot he don't and doesn't like to hear me talking in a different laguage cause he doesn't understand.

"Sorry.. I got used to it because of them." I smile and then told him all about those two, of how we met and how we became friends.

We did some catching up about the things we both experience from the time he left up until now.

I was really happy that he came back here and that we manage to put our friendship back inspite of what happened years ago.

It was already 7pm when I got home, we got caught up with our stories that I forgot that I actually planned to go home early to review.

Omo. Should I call Kevin? He told me this afternoon to call him, but I don't think he really mean that.

I decided to text him instead.

To: Kevin

Annyeonghaseyo~ I'm already at home. ☺

*sent~

As soon as it was sent...

*ring ring ring~

*Kevin calling...*

I answered his call and put it on loudspeaker so I could move around the kitchen to prepare for my dinner.

"Yeobeoseyo?"

"Who was that guy?" Kevin asked directly thru the other line. I raise an eyebrow at my phone as if seeing him through it.

"He's my Best friend. Mianhae, I didn't introduce you and Jackson this afternoon." I said and started making a sandwich instead of cooking.

"Best friend? What did you both do this afternoon? It's already late.. I thought you wanted to go home early today. And why did you denied that you're Andrea when he went to our table?" He ask so many question. Jinjja, he's weird right now.

"Yah~ what are you? My Appa?" I only said and heard him murmured on the other line.

"We talked and catch up on things.. it's been years since we saw each other. As to why I deny him, It's a long story.. but I'm really happy that he came back." I smile and sat down by the counter and started eating the sandwich.

He was silent for a moment that I thought he already hanged up.

"Did you miss him?" He asked after some minutes.

"Ne~ he's my best friend..of course I missed him." I said matter of factly.

I heard him sigh before answering on the other line, "Ok,I called just to check. Goodnight." Then he ended the call.

What's wrong with him? Why does he sound sad?

"I don't understand you sometimes." I pout and grab my phone on the counter and type a message to Jackson for an apology for what happened at the shop.

-----

Kevin's pov

"Arrgh! Kevin stop over thinking!" I ruffled my hair in annoyance. I don't really get myself right now.

After what I saw this afternoon, there's something about that guy. It seems like he isn't just a best friend. The way he looks at Ady tells so much. I know it cause I'm a guy too.

It didn't help also after I called Ady. I felt jealous when she said that he missed him.

What If she likes him more than a best friend? What if she love him?

"Andwae~" (no way) I'll just ask her indirectly tomorrow of what she feels towards that guy.