Prologue;

aka "Latrina and the Osiris Stone' (which is such a cliche, boring name!)

---

The day my life got all screwed up started off normally, actually.

 Then again, most life-changing experiences always do. It's not until much later (or, in my case, just around 12.03pm) that everything starts to fall into place (or fall apart, depending on the circumstances). And it's only then when you realize that the normal day you'd been expecting isn't the least bit normal at all.

 I guess that was what happened to me.

 Not that my life was very normal to start with.

 On hindsight, I should've known what was coming.

 After all, having a surly, immortal necromancer for a father and a see-through mother wasn't exactly something that happened everyday.

Still. 

That didn't mean I had to be dragged headlong into a whirl of events that messed up my entire life plan, with mermen, leprechaun guardians, shipwrecks, chewing gum, black cats, Ay the Crazy Guy, and annoying gods called Eros.

 Who the heck hides in a can of insecticide spray anyway?

 I still blame that mosquito. I really do.

-

NANOWRIMO 2011 - 56914 WORDS.

might not be posting the full thing here - i just wanted to give it a go, and see how it goes. this is the unedited first draft that i churned out in a month -  in the midst of editing A LOT - so please give your honest opinion! it would mean a lot.  I am aware that this is an extremely rambly story with too many dashes and parentheses, and that this chapter and the next are disasters, though - I was doing my best to finish the entire story within the month instead of dragging it over two NaNoWriMos, so... um. Tada?

but seriously - let me know what you think! criticism = much appreciated!