24.

"Wait, okay let me get this straight.." Michael said pacing back and forth on the sidelines while I practiced in the gym again.

"You and the boy you just said yesterday that you hate, are now all of a sudden the best of friends?" he asked me. I sighed throwing another ball into the air jumping up and slapping it with all of my force over the net.

"We're not best friends" I explained. "We're just friends".
I had told Michael all about yesterday and while he wasn't hating or loving the idea of it, he was confused about it.

"But you just said-"

"I know what I said, Mikie. But things change" I hissed facing him breathlessly as I wiped away beads of sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand. I had been practicing non-stop for about 2 hours now.

"So I was right about you being wrong about Calum them?" he raised his eyebrows as I grabbed my cold water bottle off of the bench next to him taking a long drink.

"I'm not answering that" I let him know making him laugh.

"I'm telling you, I know what I'm talking about" Michael grinned. I only shook my head re-doing my ponytail before collapsing onto the bench next to him.

"You have your moments" I smiled at him making him do the same.

"So since you guys are like two peas in a pod now, why don't you invite him to your game, Thursday?" he offered.

"Absolutely not" I answered.

"Why not?" he frowned. I sighed getting up again grabbing another ball.

"Because I don't want him there. He's only going to be a distraction from what I have to do" I shrugged spiking another ball.

"You won't even know where he is" my friend tried.

"Simply knowing that he's there is enough" I told him.

"Oh why? You're going to be too distracted by his muscles or something?" Michael teased.

"You know that is not it" I rolled my eyes at him.

"I don't know, it sounds pretty convincing to me" a deep voice sounded making both Michael and I turn only to see Calum standing there.