12.

××Thursday 6:30 a.m.××

The 2 days sped by and soon I was getting ready for my first day at South Meadows. I sighed smoothening down my shirt. I had 20 minutes until I left. I was wearing something simple: my black jeans, red flannel, and my black beanie. I turned to go downstairs when my phone started to ring. I picked it up and answered without checking my caller ID still in a little bit of a rush.

"Hello?" I answered putting on my shoes.

"Calum" a familiar voice breathed. My calm expression hardened and I grabbed at my bottom lip with my teeth.

"Lose my number" I growled. She was the last person I wanted to talk to.

"Calum I-" but I hung up on her mid-sentence. I put it down and it rung again. Her. I ignored but she kept calling and finally I lost it.

"I'm just gonna to keep calling you until you give me what I want: a conversation with you" she said sternly once I picked up.

"It's not going to happen!" I yelled.

"Already is, babe" she told me. I pinched the bridge of my nose trying extremely hard not to punch the wall next to me.

"I am giving you two minutes, that's it" I hissed.

"I will be on this phone as much as I want" she said stubbornly.

"I'm already at 34 seconds!" I told her raising my voice practically yelling again. She fell silent.

"I don't know why you won't just leave me alone!" I shook my head.

"We both know that we ended way sooner than we should have.." she began and I rolled my eyes.

"Not this again" I moaned.

"Yes, this again. Don't try and act like you're annoyed with me already. I know you miss me, tell me Calum, do you miss me?" She pressed.

"Just tell me what you want" I glared annoyed.

"I called you, because I need your help" she admitted.

"Get off of my phone" I immediately turned her down hanging up. She's insane if she thought I was going to help her. I don't care if she was dying. That would be doing the world a favor. I took slow breaths like Zzumi always told me when I got overly upset like this but it didn't help. I cursed loudly and punched my bed hard. I can't punch the walls here.

I know Joy really likes it here and I couldn't ruin that for her. I felt my face get hot knowing my face was probably red right now and I took in a few more breaths. This girl who I once called my world, was killing me. I heard my ringtone go off and I picked up heatedly for the last time.

"GET OUT OF MY LIFE!" I shouted as loud as I could.

"I just need you to listen!" She yelled back. I felt a familiar knot in my throat that made me even angrier. I needed to stop yelling.

"Lila.." I started. I flinched at the name.

"This isn't working is it?" She finally understood. I shook my head looking up.

"No" I said.

"Calum, please. I'm scared" her voice softened. I shut my eyes as I talked.

"Uderstand, that what happened between us is gone and it is never coming back" I said.

"You are making the biggest mistake of your life" she warned.
I only hung up in response. I didn't have time for her anymore. It's time to start thinking about myself.