8.

"Here we are! Home sweet home!" Joy cheered over the phone. After what felt like the longest drive of my life (which it was actually) we were finally here. She hung up and I got out of my car walking up to her after jamming my pockets into my coat pockets. I don't know where all of this sudden energy came from. Just an hour ago we were all completely drained.

"It's a three story" I realized zipping my jacket. It was like New York was a whole new level of cold. But Joy seemed fine as she stood there admiring our new home in nothing but a pink short sleeve shirt and jean shorts.

"It's beautiful! Wait till we get inside!" she smiled at me. She turned back to the house and hurried up the stairs and inside. I sighed and looked around.

"Here we are" I sighed to myself honestly a little shocked. We were finally here. There were a few cars cruising down the road, city lights waving in the distance, and lively lights shining in the night sky. But I couldn't complain, New York is a beautiful place, it wouldn't be hard to live here.

"Your mum sure knows how to pick out houses" David chuckled snapping me back into reality. I looked over and saw him carrying two bags. He winked at me and walked inside. I was about to go inside too when I saw a girl about two houses down from me smoking a cigarette. She looked at me for only a few seconds before dropping the cigarette, crushing it, and walking up her stairs to her house and going inside.

"Home sweet home" Mali mumbled walking past me. And I turned walking inside.