Chapter 18

Chapter 18

       A few days later at school, I was happy to see that Toby has moved on from me. He started dating Tiara and honestly, those two couldn't have been a better much. But I also think Toby was trying to make me jealous, which wasn't working at all because I was way too attracted to Logan to care.

       Toby kept hugging and kissing Tiara with me around and I kept thinking my eye's might fall out judging by how many times I rolled my eyes. When would Toby realize I was completely and utterly over him and in love with Logan.

       ....Wait, what?

       Did I really love Logan? I mean, we had only been dating for about a month. Was that enough time to fall in love with someone?

       Then again, I've known him since we were in kindergarten together. I didn't have to be dating him to fall in love with him.

       "Fin," Logan said, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

       "Sorry," I said. "I was just thinking about something. What were you saying?"

       "I was just wondering why we haven't gotten a task recently," Logan said. "Not that I want one. I'm just wondering why we haven't gotten one."

       "Ooh, I know," Flynn said. "Maybe anyone who is in Death by Death suddenly caught a virus called....called...."

       "Jerkititis," Jake offered.

       "Yes," Flynn said. "And they randomly dropped dead because they got jerkititis so there is no more Death by Death."

       Logan scoffed. "Trust me, I wish that was true. They're probably just thinking of stuff to do."

       "It's been nice not doing anything, though," I said. "It's been very relaxing." Tiara and Hilary approached our table. "Well, almost relaxing. What do you two want?"

       "We're wondering why Logan is sitting here and not at the cool table," Tiara said.

       "Cool table?" Logan asked. "What is this, some sort of high school drama? And why would I be there?"

       "Duh, because you were voted the hottest guy in school," Hilary said.

       "I was what?" Logan asked.

       "Every year, there's a poll to see who the top ten hottest guys and girls in the school are," Tiara said. "I, of course, won hottest girl. The top ten all sit at the cool table and since you, apparently, are number one for the guys, you have to sit there."

       Logan scoffed. "Seriously? When did this school turn shallow? Rating people on their looks? Seriously? How do you think everyone else is feeling because of it? High school is already a place that triggers feelings of self-pity, and there are people who care about the list. If someone is undermining their own look and they don't make the list, how do you think they're going to feel?"

       "Are you serious?" Tiara asked. "You should be honored."

       "Well, I'm not," Logan said. "In fact, I'm embarrassed to be to top of such a derogatory list. Looks aren't everything, so you shouldn't expect me to sit with people who are proud of such achievement."

       "You're just mad that your little girlfriend of yours isn't on the list," Tiara said.

       "Did you not listen to a single word I said?" Logan asked. 

       "I'm actually happy I'm not on the list," I said. The list went on every year and I hated it. They were comparing everyone's look, even though I found everyone to be pretty. 

       "Whatever," Tiara said. "Be jealous. See if I care. And Logan, you're missing out."

       "I totally am," Logan said sarcastically. "I mean, sitting with my girlfriend? I can't believe how much I'm missing out."

       "Well, since you're dating her, I'd say you are missing out," Tiara said. "I'm with her ex now and judging by what he's told me, you're wasting your time."

       "Excuse me?" Logan said. "I'm what?"

      "You heard me," Tiara said. "You're wasting your time with her. Toby couldn't even lay her."

       "What the hell is your problem?" Logan asked. "You think you're actually accomplishing something by being a bitch? Just leave Fin alone before I get really mad. And I do mean really mad?"

       Tiara and Hilary both left, and Tiara smirked at me before doing so.

       "Thanks," I said softly.

       Logan sighed before taking my hand and helping me stand up. "Come on, let's go for a walk," he said. He led me out of the cafeteria and we just walked around the hallway. "I'm sorry about what Tiara said."

       "Don't be, you had nothing to do with it," I said. "I don't even know why she's picking on me. And even though that I don't care that Toby and I didn't sleep together, what she said hurt."

       "Don't let it bother you," Logan said. "That is none of Tiara's business. She just said it to get a reaction out of you."

       "Can we go somewhere after school today?" I asked. "And hang out? Just the two of us?"

       "Yeah, of course," Logan said. "Where do you want to go?"

       "Anywhere," I said. "I just want to do something that will help take my mind of things. What Tiara said, Toby being a jerk, Lilly...."

       Logan wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling my up against him and pressing his lips on mine. My arms instantly wrapped around his neck and I pulled him closer to me. He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine. "We'll do something after school, okay?" he said. "Just the two of us."

       I smiled at him. "Thank you."

       This was exactly why I felt like I was in love with Logan. He always knew what to say or do to cheer me up and I was rarely sad when I was around him. Well, sometimes I was, but then he made me feel better. He was an amazing boyfriend and best friend, the best one I could ever ask for. 

       Logan Fitzgerald was definitely the love of my life and I was so happy that it was him and not some other guy. Logan was the only guy I wanted to and would be in love with.

__________________

Loganity is so cute! See:

(Why does Brenton Thwaites look so hot in the rain

(Why does Brenton Thwaites look so hot in the rain....)

The plot twist is next chapter, which will maybe come in a few hours. We'll see.