Chapter 8

Chapter 8

       "Twenty questions," Flynn said, looking at me. We were sitting in the living room, across from each other, trying to figure out the best way to get to know each other.

       I shrugged. "Okay. Go."

       Flynn though for a bit. "Favorite color."

       "Brown," I replied.

       Flynn scrunched his nose in disgust. "That's boring."

       "What about yours?" I asked him.

       "Red," Flynn replied. "Let's see....Favorite subject."

       "Math," I replied, getting a weird look that I was expecting. "What? I find it interesting. Let me guess. Yours is gym?"

      "Smart cookie," Flynn said. "What's your favorite food?"

       "Salad," I replied.

       Flynn slapped his hand against his forehead dramatically. "Come on, Infinity! There must be something interesting you like."

       I rolled my eyes. "Okay, just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean it's not interesting."

       "Lies," Flynn said. "If I don't like something, then it isn't interesting. Let's see if there's anything else...."

       "You never told me your favorite food," I pointed out.

       "Oh, steak," Flynn said. "I love me my steak. Okay, another question for you that would require you giving an interesting answer. Ooh, got one. Okay, if there wasn't any laws and you could do anything you want, what would you do?"

       Well, too bad he didn't know that I actually broke the law twice. Though technically, it was Logan because he was the one who took the comic book and he was the one driving the car, but I was an accomplice.

       "I'm waiting," Flynn said.

       "I don't know," I said. "Get ice cream and leave without paying?"

       "I was right," Flynn said. "You are boring. Come on, there are so many possibilities. Like....stealing a police car or getting into an amusement park for free."

       I rolled my eyes. "Well, who would pass up the opportunity of free ice cream?"

      "True," Flynn agreed. "Another question....How would you describe your dream guy?"

       I raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

       Flynn shrugged. "Because I can't think of any other questions. Just answer."

       "I don't know," I said. "Brown hair. Tall. Dreamy brown eyes. Maybe a bit muscular. An amazing smile. Kind. Willing to do anything for me. Someone who can always comfort me when I'm sad. Someone who makes me smile and hates seeing me without one."

       "You're forgetting one thing," Flynn said.

       "What?"

       "His name has to be Logan."

       "That too."

       Flynn broke out into a huge grin. "I knew it! You like Logan!"

       "What? No, I don't," I said. "He's my best friend, that's it."

       "And you're stupid," Flynn said. "You just described Logan and when I said his name has to be Logan, you agreed."

       He was right.