Chapter 10

Chapter 10

       "Oh, surprise, surprise," Flynn said as he came down the stairs. "Logan is over yet again. I didn't hear your car."

       "Mike is borrowing it," Logan said. "His is getting repaired, so I walked over."

       "Ah, I see," Flynn said. "Because you can't leave my sister alone."

       "No, because we're doing our homework together," I said. "I needed help in chemistry, so Logan is helping me."

       Flynn nodded. "Right, right. You needed 'help'." His finger quotes around help made me want to punch him. 

       I ignored him and went back to doing my homework. I wish he didn't find out about me liking Logan because him bothering us was a lot worse. He was really getting on my nerves.

       Flynn sat on the floor on the other side of the coffee table, propping his arms up on the coffee table and resting his chin in his hand. He didn't say anything. He just stared at us.

       "Can you leave?" I asked. "You're distracting me."

       "You know what else is distracting you?" Flynn asked, wiggling his eyebrows in Logan's direction.

       I glared at him, picking up the pillow beside me and throwing it at him. Flynn just tossed it away and continued watching us.

       Mom walked out of her office, sighing when she saw Flynn. "Flynn, leave them alone," she said.

       "Thank you," I said. "He's been bothering me ever since....that day."

       "Can you blame me?" Flynn asked before hopping up. "Are we going out for dinner? You said we will sometime this week. And there's the really cool restaurant Jake told me about that also has arcade games. Can we go?"

       "I don't see why not," Mom said. "We'll leave at six, so that gives us another hour. Would you like to come, Logan?"

       I looked up at Mom. Really?

       "Sure," Logan said. "Beats eating dinner with my family."

       We ended up finishing our homework right as we were about to leave. We probably would have finished faster if I actually understood what was going on as oppose to having Logan explain it for me.

       The four of us got into my mom's car. I wanted to sit in the front, but Flynn beat me to it, giving me a mischevious smile.

       I sighed and got in the backseat with Logan. Luckily, neither of us had to sit in the middle.

       The restaurant Flynn was talking about was only a two minute drive, so we could have walked there if we wanted. 

       We got a table for four and I had a feeling Flynn was going to make me sit beside Logan. Don't get me wrong, I still loved being around him, but I was always afraid I would slip up somehow. Blush, stutter, anything.

       I was right again. Flynn quickly sat down beside Mom, which made me and Logan sit beside each other. A waitress came over and handed us our menus, taking our order for drinks. And Flynn decided to be a little brat, asking Mom if he could have a margarita.

       He ended up getting a flick to the forehead and Mom said he had to get a water, not even soda. I didn't blame her for saying that. Flynn didn't need anymore sugar in his system.

       The water didn't stop him from taking a sip out of my soda, though, so Mom had to switch places with him, making him sit across from Logan. "So, Logan," Flynn said. "What are your plans after school?"