Chapter 3

By the way, I have a lot of gifs for Logan and Infinity, so I'll be adding them in the chapters wherever they fit. cx

Chapter 3

       I stared at pink lily in my hand, twirling it in my fingers, occasionally looking at the tombstone in front of me. The only reason I was breaking down was because Logan had his arm around me and kept me in his comforting hold, gently rubbing my upper arm.

       Logan hadn't really left my house since Lilly's passing. I stayed home from school all week and he missed the days my mom was working to stay with me. I didn't want to be alone, but at the same time, I did. 

       As sorrowful as I was, I was happy Logan was here for me. He couldn't have moved back at a better time.

       I finally bent down and placed Lilly's favorite flower on her grave. Her funeral ended about an hour ago, but it didn't feel right without me leaving a flower there, so Logan brought me here to do so.

       I still had trouble processing it. It happened a week ago, and I still couldn't fathom the fact that one of my best friends. The girl who always made me laugh when I was sad. The girl who wouldn't get over Loganity. I mean, her last words were freaking Loganity will prevail.

       "Want me to come over?" Logan asked. "I can make hot chocolate and we can just watch some movies."

       "Okay," I said softly.

       Logan out his arm back around me and led me to his car. He didn't even bother striking up a conversation on the way to my house seeing as I rarely talked for the past week. I couldn't even speak at the funeral when Lilly's parents asked me to.

       When we got to my house, we went in the kitchen where Logan made us some hot chocolate. Once it was made, we went to the living room and I turned on the TV. I went on Netflix and began scrolling through the movies, trying to find something that would make me feel better. Or at least not more sad.

       Mom soon walked inside the house. "Sorry I couldn't make it to the funeral," Mom said in a soft voice as she walked to the living room. "I got caught up at work."

       "It's fine," I said.

       "How are you feeling?" she asked.

       I shrugged in reply. 

       Mom sat down on the chair with a serious look on her face. "There's something I want to talk to you about," she said. "Now is probably the best time, today is the only day. How would you feel about getting another sibling?"

       I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "You're pregnant? With who's baby?"

       "No no, don't worry, I'm not pregnant," she said. "At the adoption agency, there's this boy that came in. A few months ago, both his parents passed away in a car crash and he went through a lot of foster homes. But he's quite the troublemaker and he was just sent to our agency. And I was thinking I could adopt him. One of my coworkers was talking to him and the reason why he was acting up in all of his foster homes was because he doesn't want to be fostered."

       "He wants an actual family," I said.

       "Exactly," Mom said. "I wanted to run things through with you first."

       "Mom, it's your choice," I said. "I know how much you've wanted another kid, but seeing as Dad's gone....It would be nice to have a sibling, even one that's a teenager."

       Logan snorted. "Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that you're getting one, but teenage siblings are a pain."

      "Right, you have three," I said. Logan had three siblings and all but one were a year apart. Mike was the oldest at eighteen, then Logan, then Rebecca at sixteen, and finally Jake at fourteen. "Well, that's three verse one. Clearly....Mom, what's his name."