Chapter 6

Chapter 6

       "You planning on going to the homecoming?" Logan asked me as he stabbed his salad to pick up a few pieces before shoving it into his mouth.

       I shrugged and continued dipping the same fry in ketchup. "I don't know. When is it, again?"

       "Three weeks," Logan said.

      "Are you going?" I asked.

      "I don't know," he said. "I don't want to go if you're not going. You're my best friend and there's nobody else I'd want to go with."

       Two girls who I knew were on the cheerleading team suddenly walked up to the table, one blonde and one brunette. "Hey, Logan," the brunette said in a flirty tone. "You planning on going to the homecoming?"

       "I don't know yet," Logan said. "I'm only going if Infinity is going."

       Both the cheerleaders furrowed the eyebrows in confusion. "Who's Infinity?" the blonde asked.

       "I'm Infinity," I said.

       They both looked at me with a glare on their face. I didn't know why. All I said was that I was Infinity. What did they expect me do say, I'm not Infinity?

       They both looked at Logan again. "We'd love it if you came to homecoming," the brunette said. 

       I didn't know why it was such a big deal for them if Logan went. He already said he was only going if I was going. They didn't have to keep saying that he should go.

       "I might," Logan said. "But, like I said, it all depends if my best friend is going or not."

       "Oh, come on," the brunette said. "You don't have to go with your best friend. You can go with any girl you'd like."

       Hearing her say that was getting my mad. Extremely mad. I didn't know why, but it was. Couldn't they take the hint that he didn't want to go unless I went? Seriously, back off.

       "Maybe," Logan said, which just made me more mad.

       "Great," the blonde said, both of them giving him a smile. "We'll see you there."

       When they walked off, I pushed my fries away from me and crossed my arms over my chest. "Are you okay?" Logan asked me.

       "I'm fine," I snapped at him without meaning to.

       Logan raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? Because you seem really mad. Really mad."

       "I'm not mad," I said, once again snapping. "Just drop it, okay?"

       "Okay," Logan said. "So, do you want to go to the dance?"

       "Not really," I said.

       "I might go anyway," Logan said.

       I picked up one of the fries and threw it at him.

       Logan looked at the fry before looking up at me. "What was that for?" he asked.

       "You're only going because those cheerleaders want you to go," I said.

       Logan shrugged. "So? They want me to go, so I might go."

       "Why would you want to go to a dance with some ditsy cheerleaders?" I asked.

       "Really? Not all cheerleaders are ditsy," Logan said. "That's a stereotype."

       "They seem ditsy."