Chapter 25 - Silver Magpie's

YAAAYYYYYY!  For all the TMAAYM followers, well, hello people! Long time! Okay, so this is for the handful of people (yes, it's just a handful) who still ask me about updates for (my own personal favourite story) this. (Oooh, playing favourites. It's like picking a favourite child, so wrong...*slaps wrist*). It's taken a backseat for a few weeks to the demands for updates of After You (I've gone with the tide here), but I love getting my D&A fix, and this is for those that do too. It's for yooooouu *sings*.  

I know it's been a while, you've probably forgotten stuff, I should recap but I just managed to put an edit through, and now I wanna watch Dracula (Is it any good? I shall see...I'm gonna stream it. Plus someone on here left a comment saying when she imagines Dante she pictures Johnathan Rhys Meyers, I find it intriguing so I'm off to have a poke at the show...and well, he is hot :P) so, I might do a recap after I've watched it. Oh, then there's Sleepy Hollow (Ichabods permanant upturned collar gets my respect and, well, he's so cute)...anyway, I digress. And my bunny's pulling her depressed face at me, she wants to eat my shoes...I have to distract her...or just...take my shoes away lol. Until then though...(Ignore the bracket abuse)

Oh, and patience with this chapter, there is a small time jump, so you know...onwards.... :)

                                               Chapter 25 – Silver Magpie's

It was done with. At least that's what Dante had told me. But I couldn't help adding for now to that. Time had a funny way of making people feel like they were either trying to catch up with it, trying to keep within it, or ultimately waiting for it to run out.

I knew what Dante had done. He'd put his heart on the line for me. I'd done the same. Admittedly he'd come a long way with me in such a short space of time. He'd been willing because the alternative was nothing worth thinking about. We had time, but ultimately the thing about time was that it didn't last forever. Depending on the scenario you were in, then sure, it could feel like forever, like it just never ends, but really it always reached its end. It would go quick with him, no doubt, but without him I knew time would feel like an eternity. I just wanted to see the sands reach its last drops so I could pick up the glass again and turn it over. Have our time back. But that's not how time—or even life—worked.

Despite a lot of what he said, the way he'd tried to convince me he believed everything was going to work out fine, his face was telling a different story. Behind it all was something else, something not quite as convinced as he was letting on.

But I accepted it because for the first time maybe we could live in our own bubble? Maybe we could pretend we had forever? Maybe we could pretend that everything was okay, that everything was normal. If it was only a matter of time, then we would make the most of all we had.

We had made our move from Archers that night, and things had been strained. But I guess you know that already. Though we'd rested in each other's arms for a short while in the car in ominous silence, he'd fallen back on his despondent face but insisted it had been a long night and that was the reason for it. He tried to reassure me by smiling, but I noticed his smile didn't reach his eyes.

I could remember witnessing the earliest crack of dawn as we left Hall's club that night. Soon after, the sun had started crawling over the horizon, riding at a snails pace over the distance as we made our way back to his.

The sun was always beautiful, but this was a particularly beautiful one.

Clouds had broken it, but that didn't disturb its shine. They seemed intimidated by the sun, cautiously circled it, gave shield to it, but ultimately all I could see was sun. Even the clouds weren't enough to dim it, hide it, or kill its resistance. I hoped to be that sun one day, no amount of cloud could kill us.