Chapter 3 - ''He's One Hell of a Handsome Devil''

Chapter 3 - "He's One Hell of a Handsome Devil"

"So?" asked Jacey Longsworth, dumping the day's paper on her battered desk and practically throwing herself onto her chair. It swivelled uncontrollably till she'd nailed her feet firmly to the ground and twisted still. 'What have you got for me? Seen any nice offices lately?'

Jacey was the kind of person who appeared really laid back and hippyish, without actually being a hippy. If I didn't know any better I'd say she wore tie-dye, drop-crotch trousers at home, threw peace signs, swayed softly to the heavens, and smoked all kinds of recreational herbals. But hell, I knew better. Not even her chunky ceramic rings could sway me. Or her multi-coloured bangles. Even her super long hair, so long the strands got finer toward the ends, which she wore braided, flung over one shoulder.

"Well..." I chewed on my response.

"I'm waiting."

She was a determined soul. She knew what she wanted to achieve with the organisation and worked tirelessly towards those goals, which saw more than enough people rally around to support her efforts. She could just draw people in who genuinely wanted the same things she did, and worked just as hard. No, actually, you know what; no one worked quite as hard as Jacey did. At forty-one, Jacey was a force in the organisation, which was in contrast to her seemingly easy nature. She worked like there were not enough hours in the day. I admired that.

I sighed. "Well, there was one perfect place." I teased. "But I've since dismissed that. I don't think that's the best idea any more."

Jacey leaned back in her chair after a sip through a straw of what looked like a seriously unappetising smoothie. "Why not? If it was practically perfect yesterday, why've you since changed your mind?"

To be honest, I didn't want to talk about it. I'd spent much of last night thinking about my exchange with the beautiful man in the immaculate suit. In fact, it occurred to me that I didn't even know his name. But he'd occupied pretty much every ounce of thought last night. And not just my thoughts, but my dreams as well. I'm loathe to admit it but he even made a cameo in one of my rare fantasies. More like a starring role actually, he was leading man material. And I was willing to let him lead me down a path of absolute unadulterated filth. Call it Ariel Phukzalot and Mr Banger in Crouching Female, Ridden Boner, coming soon. Just not too soon of course *wink, wink*.

You know when you have a chance meeting, you can't get that face out of your head, that...living...God out of your mind? You just end up letting your imagination run wild? Well, that was me. Going to bed gave way to a series of dreams in which he'd appeared. And none of them were remotely innocent. No, all were sexually charged fantasies. One had disturbed me more than most. I couldn't believe I could think of something so graphic. But he was making me think particularly dirty, with multiple rrrr's for extra filth.

"Just," I paused, trying to find a reason. 'It was in Morditchgate.'

'I know that already," she replied. "I didn't get your emails last night. You wanna tell me now a few reasons behind your opinion on the place?"

Whoa. I hesitated.

"What?" she said to my frozen expression.

I shook my head. She wasn't going to cane me for not handing them in?

"Spit it out, Aer."

I fumbled a response till I remembered something the receptionist said.

"Apparently there's been some weird stuff happening there recently."