Stolen Crown •Pearlet•

A/N: by hey_hepburn

A/N: by hey_hepburn. Female pronouns in drag, male when not. We all know that back in 2012 Violet Chachki somehow acquired Sharon Needles' crown. But what if the person to steal it was Pearl Liaison. Pearlet YAY. Also sorry Sharon s bitchy in this, ik shes a sweeheart irl + i love her

November 9th 2012:

Having only just started drag, Pearl decided she wouldn't be one of those pageant girls, but as she struggled to be recognized and earn enough money to keep on her toes, she found herself working any gig possible in order to widen her name, which tonight happened to be the Atlanta Miss Originality Charity Pageant 2012.

With her pink lips and blonde hair, Pearl swayed from side to side as she started to mix music the way she had learnt in her teen years. Smacking her arms in the air at every beat, inside Pearl felt a sense of accomplishment knowing she had brought something truly original to the pageant. At first she was nervous and intimidated by the judging panel and the other acts, but once on stage nothing could really stop her, causing her to feel giddy inside (however this could also be contributed by the few cocktails she had drank beforehand). BAM. She shot her arms in the air as the final beat of her mix hit, before slowly sauntering off stage, keeping her Stepford Wife persona spot on.

***

A few hours later, Pearl wandered the backstage area, still having some time to wait before the judges made their decision. That's when she saw Sharon Needles. Sharon Needles who was judging tonight's pageant. Sharon Needles wasn't any ordinary queen, by winning Drag Race, Sharon Needles showed that drag really did have no limits or boundaries, and most certainly wasn't all about looking pretty. To say Pearl was intimidated by Sharon was an understatement. Building her confidence up in order not to scare away America's Reining Drag Superstar, Pearl sauntered over to the other queen.

"What about the DJ?" one of the other judges asked Sharon as she helped her remove her large, shiny Season 4 crown from her head – causing Pearl to stop dead in her tracks.

"Forehead earring girl? No personality!" Sharon cackled, "It looked like she was on Ambien, what a sleepwalker! Those arms too, it was too Hulk for me. Did you see the girl after her? The one doing aerial, she had a great personality, it shone. So stunning too! God."

'Fuck this.' Pearl thought to herself, 'I think I have a great personality, actually. More than this so-called aerial bitch, whoever that is!' She glared over at the reigning queen. After placing her crown in the dressing room to the left, Sharon and the other judge turned around to see Pearl stood there, a lost puppy in a big, big city.

"Do I have something on my face?" Pearl asked the queen in monotone, so angry inside that she didn't even care how rude she was being. Before staring her down for a second, Sharon realised that Pearl had overheard their conversation and thought it better not to argue back, instead making her way through the maze of corridors till she found the bar again.