✆ 3

"EVALYN," MY DAD calls

"EVALYN," MY DAD calls. "I'm going to work. Are you staying home?"

"Yeah," I lazily mutter.

"Aren't you supposed to be headed to the beach?" he peeks his head at me from his computer. "I suggest you go. I can't have your boyfriend Timothy texting me anymore."

"It's Thomas, Dad," I correct him with a glare.

He shrugs me off nonchalantly. "Same thing for me, doll," he clicks his tongue and puts on his eyeglasses. "Keeps sending me lame videos."

"I—I'll let him know," I mumble. How will you, though? With which phone?

"Your birthday's soon," he states out of the blue and I refrain myself from groaning. "What do you want me to get you?"

"A new phone would be fine," I mutter, half hoping he'd accept, but I know him too well.

"Yeah, nope. Too many electronic stuff already. What's wrong with your phone? I bought you a brand new one," he says, staring at himself in the mirror and brushing his hair. "I'm running late. Don't forget to charge my computer, I have men coming over."

I heave a sigh as he closes the door behind him. I check out the old phone I had before my stolen one—the one I'm using to text the stealer. I search through my contacts hopelessly, discovering only one number that matters right now.

My stolen number.

Eva | X
*
4:13 PM
Monday, August 14th, 2014
*

> I'm going to kill you.

< Feeling under the weather?

> Answer me honestly. Why won't you give me back my phone?

< I have my reasons.

< Also, no password on your phone? I feel like I know you a bit too much.

> Know me a bit too much?

< You have some nice pictures.

< Having nice pictures isn't going to get me my phone back.

< I'm rolling my eyes now.

> That's it, I'm telling the police.

< Love, you've been saying that for a while now.

> Fine. I'll head out now. Your little fantasy is over.

< Drop the act. You're not telling the police.

> You don't know what I'm capable of.

< I do. You're Evalyn Hawkins, daughter of the multimillionaire David Hawkins.

Oh, my God. I bury my head inside my sweaty hands and suppress a scream that I've been wanting to let out since day one.

My life, that was once safe and sound, has now spread all over the hands of an anonymous lunatic and just in a snap of fingers, he could ruin me. I knew this was bound to happen eventually, being as irresponsible as I am. He knows my identity and my father's, what can I do in a situation like this?

He can even steal from my bank account while he's at it. My dad would kill me for being this irresponsible.

> How do you even know who I am?

< I have your phone.

> Do you know me on a personal level?

< No.

> And do I know you back?

< No.

> Great.

> Are you going to harm us?

< Of course not. You think I'd hurt you?

> Well, I don't know you, do I?

< You've got a lot to learn.

< I'm afraid we shall part ways, now.

> Let's part ways in your dreams.

< How did you figure out I dream of you?

> Take that back.

< I'm good.

> Oh, my God. Just let us be done and hand me back my phone!

< Aren't you craving for an adventure, Hawkins? You said it so yourself.

> Not to you.

< Hang on tight either way.

*
4:57 PM
Monday, August 14th, 2014
*

███████████████████████

© All Rights Reserved 2021
Edited.