Chapter 4

The sun was showing signs of setting, the girls had found their way home. They had invited the guys for some dinner. Addison felt like a BBQ. Something simple, quick and easy was the ticket. In her opinion, there isn’t anything else better than eating something cooked outdoors when you’ve been outdoors all day.

“So you and Kurt surely hit it off.” Addison pointed out while she and Kris were in the kitchen prepping up some toppings for the burgers. “I can’t believe you have to leave tonight.” Krissy came and hugged her from behind to console her best friend.

“I’ll be back really soon. I promise.” She whispered in her best friend's ear.

“What’s this? A little girl on girl?” Kurt snuck in. Nathan followed and shook his head at Kurt, almost embarrassed to call him his friend. “Just kidding.” Kurt added and winked at the two ladies.

“This girl’s telling me that she’s coming back real soon. The question is, is she coming to see me or is she coming back for you?” Addison looked at him and laughed lightly.

“Maybe a bit of both?” Kris winked at Addison and then went and hugged Kurt. Will that girl just simply settle down with someone?

After dinner, the time for goodbyes had come. Krissy gave Nathan a quick hug and Addison could have sworn she saw her give him some kind of look. What could she be up to? Addison was the last to give her a hug. She really didn’t want to let her go. Sure Krissy can be a handful, especially when she’s found a “plaything” but she’s loyal and trustworthy until the very end.

“I’m really going to miss you.” Kris told her. Addison gave her an extra squeeze. “I’ll call you when I get in. Take care of yourself you hear and call me if you need anything.”

“I will.” Addison assured her. “Will you just go? You’ll be late!”

“You coming bro?” Kurt asked Nathan. Nathan looked over at Addison and noticed that despite no one had left the house yet, she already looked lonely.

“Nah. I’ll hang out a little longer. You go and drop Kris off. It’s not like I need a lift home anyway. See you at home.” He answered.

“Alright. Later bro. Thanks for dinner Ads.” Kurt said.

“It’s Addie and you’re welcome, bro.” She laughed at herself for trying to mimic their slang. Nate laughed at the effort and shook his head.

“You didn’t have to stay.” Addison told Nathan. She was standing by the fridge to grab the leftover bottle of wine from the night before. “Would you like a glass?” She offered. Nathan nodded. She handed him a glass and then poured herself one, then headed toward the back patio. Nathan followed her. With her black short shorts, her nicely tanned slender legs and the loose shirt that fell off of her left shoulder, showing a bit of the red tenderness she earned under the Californian sun that day, she looked absolutely gorgeous. She sat her glass down on the table and proceeded to grab a few leftover items off the table to move to the inside of the house when she accidentally nudged the table and her glass of wine toppled over and fell to the patio stone.

“Shit!” She mumbled to herself and instinctively stepped back to get her toes out of the spilled wine. In the process, she cut her right foot on some of the broken shards of glass. Nathan jumped up to help.

“Where do you keep your rags?” He asked. She told him about the second drawer by the sink and he left to fetch a few along with the first aid kit that was under the sink. He instinctively remembered that he should grab a broom so he figured he’d look in the closet off of the kitchen and sure enough, there he found it. He rushed back to Addison still standing in the same spot where he left her, waiting patiently.