Chapter 10

Addison found herself wishing that she was still at home with Nathan once he dropped her off at the school’s library, later that morning. He had more lectures to give and she had a paper to get started on before classes. She found it increasingly difficult to concentrate on her studying that day because of the freshness of last night's memories. She couldn't recall the last time that she had felt this attracted to anyone. Even Carter was unable to make her feel that way.

As she sat under one of the campus' massive willow trees in the courtyard with her lunch, she felt two hands come around her waist and a soft kiss to her neck. She smiled and turned to see Nathan’s big blue eyes.

“I thought I’d pop on by and see how you’re doing.” He kissed her again, but on the cheek this time.

“I’m a little tired. Had a late night last night.” She told him as she would inform an old friend. He laughed.

“Don’t you hate it?” He said with pretend annoyance. She smirked at him.

“On the contrary. I’m hoping it becomes a habit.” She leaned in and nipped his lower lip and then kissed it sweetly.

“I think that can be arranged.” He winked at her. Addison looked at her watch and scrunched up her nose.

“Shit! I’m gonna be late!” She whined. She gathered her books, got up as Nathan pulled her hand to stop her. He held the side of her face with his right hand, rubbed her cheek with his thumb and gave her a sweet kiss to remember him by. Ah, is this day over yet? I really want to go home! She thought to herself.

“See you tonight?” He asked her.

“Maybe.” She joked. She looked back at him once as she walked away. He looked so handsome standing there with his hands in his pocket and that sexy grin on his face.

Class had been uneventful that afternoon and early evening. She was slowly realizing that she was going to detest Wednesday’s because of their lateness but she was beginning to think that she was going to be comfortable and even possibly love it here in California. This could be a great place to call home. She found herself thinking of Nathan again. She might not have started her first week on the highest of notes but she sure was determined to end it with a bang! Nathan had picked her up after her last class and drove her home. They figured they’d lay low, watch a movie and order some Chinese food. Finally home, Addison notices something on her front step. As she approached, she realized what it was. She picked up the long white box garnished with a red ribbon. She turned to look at Nathan and smiled at him as she hugged the box and grabbed the card to read it. Just because you're you. Nathan. She grabbed the box, opened it and admired the gorgeous red roses he had got her. She had one of those You shouldn't have looks on her face, followed by a prize-winning smile.

Nathan ordered them their Chinese food as planned and Addison discovered that she was much hungrier than she initially thought.

“Someone wasn’t hungry.” Nathan said sarcastically. Addison gave him a light chuckle as she blushed.

“I thought men liked it when their women had a healthy appetite.” She said.

“What we neglected to say was what for.” He grinned mischievously. Addison couldn't help but laugh.

“Be careful, Mr. Officer, I might have to cuff you on the count of being naughty.” She teased him as she started to get up to clean off the table. Nathan grabbed her hand and brought her to him so she sat on his lap as she laughed lightly.

“Trust me, you'll know when I'm being naughty.” He grinned sexily. Addison threw her head back and laughed as Nathan planted a few kisses on her neck. He took the plates from her hand and put them back down on the table as she twirled around to straddle his waist while he sat there in the chair. She put her hands on his chest, gave him a light peck on the mouth, bit his lower lip and got up twirling off of him like a dancer would and said:

“Well, I guess that remains to be seen.” And she winked at him. Nathan let her grab the dishes and let her finish up with those and storing the leftovers in the fridge. He couldn’t take his eyes off of her when he was around her; she was always on his mind when they were apart. He started to wonder as to how far they were heading. Regardless, he knew that he’d never felt this way about someone before and he was bound to hold on to that feeling for as long as he could.

They found their way to the couch and sat down to watch a pay per view movie. They chose Inception and settled in, cuddled next to each other for the next few hours. Nathan kept looking over at Addison. She looked deeply enthralled in the movie. As for him, he couldn't quite concentrate on it completely and seeing as he'd already seen it, he didn't want to spoil it for her. He merely agreed to the movie because he knew of its length. He found himself feeling like a teenager on one of his first dates, trying to stay over for as long as he could to see how far he could get with his date. The difference was that he was a man and instead of seeing how far he could get, he genuinely wanted to simply be around Addison.