Chapter 21

Two weeks had passed and Thanksgiving weekend was upon them. Addison hadn't improved much, from what her parents were saying. He knew that Addison had tried to call him on her first night away but he wasn't ready to talk to her just yet. Her leaving him broke his heart. He knew she loved him and he loved her more than anyone he'd ever known. He simply didn't know what to do anymore. He knew that distance was needed but two weeks was too long for him. He had to see her.

Addison spent the day helping her mother get their Thanksgiving feast prepared. She was about done setting the table when her mother came in and told her that they had an unexpected guest and that she should set an extra setting. Addison never asked who simply because she was used to her parents having extras pop on by during events such as these. As she rushed to the kitchen to get all she needed for the additional place setting, she heard the doorbell ring. She headed for the dinning room to continue her business.

“Hello gorgeous!” Addison heard. She smiled and turned around.

“Get over here lady!” She told Krissy and noticed Kurt pop into the room after her. “You're here?” She blurted out in surprise.

“Kris convinced me to come and visit this time around.” He explained. “Happy Thanksgiving Addie.” He told her and hugged her lightly. It felt so good to see some friends finally. She might have been home for over two weeks but she still had yet to visit with any of the girls. She'd been too busy secluding herself, thinking about Nathan and dealing with overcoming Kyle's attack.

“How's Nathan?” She finally asked him.

“He misses you. I've been trying to get him out and about and he just wants to stay home and veg.” Kurt told her. “He's really worried about you.” Addison looked down.

“I know. I called him...” She began and turned away from them so she could regain her composure and stifle her tearing eyes.

“I should have answered.” She heard coming from behind her. She froze and turned around slowly. She found herself face-to-face with Nathan. “I'm sorry.” He told her and rushed right up to her. Addison's jaw dropped in shock.

“Wha..?” She began but her mouth hung in the air. She closed her mouth and then opened it but then closed it again when nothing came out. Nathan grabbed her hands in his.

“I couldn't stay away.” He told her. “Addie, I had to see you.” She began to cry silently. “I need you Addie. I love you.” He said as tears welled in his eyes. Addison let go of his hands and wrapped them around his face.

“I need you too.” She told him. “I...” She never finished. Nathan's lips crashed into hers in one of those knee buckling numbers. It was the sweetest kiss she had ever had that started with an insatiable hunger and then slowed down to a full-blown respectful and romantic embrace. He pulled away enough to see her eyes.

“I love you too.” She told him. He gave her one of his prize-winning smiles.

A few moments later, they were all seated in the sitting room chatting things up. Addison formally introduced Nathan to her parents.

“I resent the fact that you have all been talking to one another without my knowing but it definitely makes all of this introduction thing much easier.” She told them all.

“Nathan, I can't thank you enough for looking after our little girl.” Mark, Addison's father told him as he shook Nathan's hand.

“She makes it easy.” Nathan looked at her and pulled her into a hug.