Chapter 10| Samantha

Ten|Samantha

I place my camera down after snapping a little girl skating in the rink flawlessly it was like she dream of being a figure skater. Her parents stood at the bench watching her with skates on incase if she falls.

I work at the rink on weekends to help provide equipment for my camera and to start save up for my college funds, knowing that wasn't going to support me. I climb onto the stool watching the busy lives before me as I notice my friends walk in gloriously like nothing bothers them at all.

I watch as their gazes landed before they all head over in my direction. All three girls spread themselves widley on the counter smiling at me.

"So what's popping?" Sibby asked as Ally step around to find her size, which could get me in trouble for but luckly Sean nor Lisa was around to attack me.

"Nothing, just working." I answered glarring at Ally from the side as she chooses her size.

"Nothing! I heared you been spending alot of time with those freaks in detention." Shelly said checking her nails.

"Throwing us in trash." Sibby said. Well to right, I have been spending a lot of time with Hope; because she's real, Greg; because he teaches me how to zone out the world and my problems with music for a while and Kenroy; because we had a project due soon.

"Your not the only friends I have." I replied simply.

"Yeah but your supposed to be hanging with us, your friends before them freaks." Sibby said.

"People aren't who you judge them to be." I said realizing that Greg, Hope and Kenroy are an inspiration to me. I May not want to acknowledge but they are apart of me now.

"Whatever," Shelly said shrugging her shoulders after pulling out a card from her hand bag.

"My cousin, Seaton birthday bash is tonight and we're invited." she said pushing the card towards me.

"I can't," I blurted out,not in the mood for a party. I just wanna go home, shower and drop myself between the sheet with Ice-cream and watch the marathon of the Vampire Diaries. I'm addicted to Damion and Elena.

"Your going cause I told your dad that your sleeping over." Shell said eyeing me, causing me to remember that Shelly was my dad favourite and he'll believe her if she says I was going over to study when we were really going to a party instead. I nodded defeated and watch as they all head over to the skating rink with successful grins.

       Seaton's birthday bash was wild and unsupervised if you ask me. He was in college so that explains the wild topless girls in the pool along with bad boys smoking pots and weeds.

I watch as my friends grind onto some college guys that they know while "We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus"blasted through the huge house. I needed air so I walk towards the kitchen pulling a cocoa cola tin from the igloo with a straw from the bucket near by and walking out to the back door sitting on the porch watching as Seaton made out with some girl a tree before pulling her further into shed that was near by.

I took a deep opening the cola walking towards the swing. I took one of swing sipping the cold beverage enjoying the night air.

"How comes the party girl sitting alone?" I turned to see Xavier with a cigarette between his finger as he blow out smoke polluting the night air.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as he sat he other swing.

"I came to celebrate a friend twentieth birthday." he said placing the cigarette between his lip inhaling the disgusting heroin.