Chapter 7| Kenroy

chapter seven

I walk into the school library after doctor Harris drop me off. I wasn't in the mood to hear the plastic and perfects remind me of how screwed up my life was, because they didn't want to know the truth.

No one wants to dig deep...

I was fucking torn, ripped down the middle with scars and pain as evidence. I was bruisen and broken with out a slight hope of been repaired and I didn't give a damn. Why should I care? She'll leave anyway.

I walk in ignoreing their disgust stares and went over to the librarian fixing my hoodie to hide my face. I notice that Ms. Herman wasn't in except the nerdy girl who was volunteering as her senior year projects. She didn't wear glasses like the typical novel classified one. She was just the girl with straight A's and always stucking her nose in anybook avliable. She glance up from her book turning it down so that the cover was pionting to the ceicling.

"Hi," she half smiled at me as I scrowl at her.

"Where's Ms. Herman?" I asked not returning her bubbling smile that acturally was cute.

"She went out to pick up some orders. How can I assist you?" she said glaring at me weird.

"I left my library card and I need to use the computer." I said roughly.

"I'm sorry but she gave strict orders not to let anyone in the computer lab without their card." she said trying to look at me sympathy. But I wasn't in the mood to tolerate her pity or obeying rules. I grab an unknown card from the holder and went swifty to the door swiping the card and enter the cool condition room.

"You can't do that!" She said behind me as I slam the door in her face as she storm off in fumes through the library door.

Since the computer was already up, I clicked on the google search icon and type in: Amnesia. I waited until it loaded to click on the wikipedia defition to see what more information I could get. I stood there glaring at the screen as I read others stories about friends and relatives who have been diagonised with Amnesia. I shut the window and spurt up from the desk and walk leaving the card in exact position I took it from and found my corner where Greg was bobbing his head to his soft rock music.

He glance up pulling his ear buds out and waited for me to join him on the carpeted floor where tons of National Geography magazine were layed out with his sketch pad on his lap and pencil behind his ears. It was exact position I found the next day after our drunken episode the day before.

He glanced at me like he was reading me for a second before opening his mouth and shut it. He learn his lesson the last time not to ask about my mother visit because it will only rip me skinless talking about it.

"What's that?" I asked glaring at his sketchpad where I saw writing instead of drawing.

"Hope and I english project." he answered, that's when it clicked I have been partnered with Samantha and I haven't said one word to her since I haven't seen her since the park incident where I left abruptly.

Why did Ms. partnered us. Samantha and I couldn't be compatible. She was gold while I was broken glass. She earn the public smile while I earn disgusted stares and annoyed lies which no one cares to give a damn about the truth.

"Well it's a first, you start a project before," I tried to smile at Greg.

"Yeah, I'm surprise myself." he chuckle back in reply.

"I might get to finish before you so don't get too bigheaded about it." I fist his shoulder playfully. If only I knew how to start a converstation with her. I haven't spoken to a girl since freshman.

"She got detention tommrrow," he said.

"ok," I said when Greg glance up behind. I turn to see Ms. Herman with a unpleasant scrowl on your face. I got up fixing my hoodie and followed her to get your strudy warning.

«««»»»»»

Greg and I step into detention to find it just they way we known it to be. It was pretty crowded and hovering with its careless aroma standing visible in the air. Everyone was busy doing their own thing not even looking to see who have enter.

"Greg!" Hope called with her bubbling personality, the girl was heart over heels in love with him but he could careless. Greg was too scared to let anyone else in at the moment, he had his story so I understand his diversity of not wanting to live or love anyone. I notice that Samantha was with her starring in our direction with a shocked expression but quickly compose herself and shift her gaze to the spiral notebook in between her and Hope.

Greg and I don't get detention, we only come here to chill out so that we didn't have to go home to face our screwed up life and slouched ourselves in our manly tears.

"Hi," Hope said with her signature grin as she she stare at Greg.

"Hi," We both said as I took the empty chair next to Samantha and Greg sat beside Hope who I know was jumping in excitement from inside. I glance at her to see that she was in red and white plaid skirt showing her legs and white in a red blouse that has 'So Perf" written on it while her air was pulled into her ponytail.

I stuff my weird looking hands in my jacket pocket slounching in the chair as She glare onto the book like it was the most instresting in the world. She didn't glance up or even shift her gaze she just stood their hovering the book so I did the same. I took out my headphone and decided to get lost in my heart wrenching music.

"Thanks again," I read before me on the empty book page before. I glance up to see samantha glaring at me with an unreadable expression.

"Thanks for what?" Hope asked wide eye at us.

"Nothing," Samantha quickly taking the book away from infront of me.

"It got to be something, I'm seeing sparks ignite here." she furrowed her eyes brow at us. I glare at her as our eyes made four.

"Its nothing," I said as she turn her face towards Hope.

"ok," Hope said as the door burst open to reveal Kemar Duncan. I watch as he glare in our direction before storming in our direction with a smirk.

"Hey Samantha," he grin mischeviously towards us.

"What went up your ass?" Samantha snaps at him causing him to set his hand on desk and lean into Samantha.

"You," he said. "-how about we get out of her and do it like we use to." He smiled. I watch as an hurtful expression plaster on her face and she composed herself before pushing him away.

"Leave me alone. I told you we are over!" she growl. I watch as Kemar open his mouth and then shut it before pulling a white envelope out of his pocket, dropping it in her bag.

"Take out, you bastard, I would never forgive you for what you did." she said taking the envelope and throw it him and got up sprinting out of the room leaving the rest us glaring in question.

No one really knows how she and Kemar broke up. We only heard the typical story about him cheating on her and by her outburst now, I know something else was behind it. I glance on the chair to see a purple composition laying there.

"She'll be in the library," Hope said that where I found her yesterday.

"ok," I said taking the book from her as we all stood up and exist the room going our seprate ways. I didn't even know why I was doing this. I could have ask Greg but I need to start our project and worse of all...

What was a broken guy like me could say to comfort Samantha Ferguson?.