Kookie (Kiss+Cookie)

Chapter Twenty-One.
»Morgan.

"I'm cold." My mom shivers, rubbing her arms with her hands. I look away from the computer, "then go to the corner."

She stops to stare at me in confusion, I start typing once again in my online classes.

"The corner is ninety-degrees." I explain.

Joe and Mike burst out laughing, I look down at the keyboard and try to concentrate so hard on this. My mom covers her face in embarrassment, "I'm so fed up with you."

I wince, "cannibalism is horrible, mother." I had a nightmare of cannibalism, it's not fun to talk about or dream about.

Joe and Mike keep laughing, quietly. They must really enjoy my sarcasm right now, I keep typing.
I'm proud to say two things; one, that I'm getting better in reading and two, Mike is leaving today!

Hell yeah, mental dance. Boom. Yesterday was an okay day, I'm just glad that French was with me and he didn't ask many questions about Mike.

Basically the story behind Mike and I is that we were always together ever since we were born, he is a year older than me but we always stayed together. Growing up with him, I always thought we would be loving each other and he was the only one who knew about my dyslexia-- well the only one until fourth grade, he wanted to be popular and he hates the fact that I always stayed with him. A girl with big glasses and braces, back then-- but he did hate me. When it came to reading, my teachers knew about my problem and they would never ask me questions in class because they knew it would be embarrassing to me if I made a fool out of myself however one day in fourth grade, Mike had the greatest idea--I'm being sarcastic right now-- his great idea was to get everyone to make me read in front of class.

Read, Morgan! Read, read, read, read! Come on, Morgan, read!

At first it was just him cheering those words but just like a wildfire; everyone started cheering those words. My teacher began to panic and so did I, I ended up crying in front of class as everyone laughed at me. She can't read, she's stupid! She can't read.
After that, my parents decided it would be best for us to move and we did. I was in a school for year and then moved to another district, the one I'm in right now.

I just act like I don't remember because it took me a long time to forget about those memories and him being back is painful for me, I haven't been able to sleep because of him. If I sleep, I'll dream about those memories and I don't want to so I just act like I'm sleeping. Yesterday, I was able to sleep thanks to French.

Mike stands next to me with his hands stuffed in his white ripped jeans, his shirt is slightly ripped as well, he isn't wearing shoes but only socks. He is smiling at me.
I'm not going to lie and say he's not good-looking but I don't like him, not the way I use to before.

"You gotten better." He mumbles, I shrug and keep doing my work. Online schooling is so much better but I'm not going to lie and say I don't miss school because I do, I miss talking shit to people.

That was my favorite part of the day besides being with Tumble and Boy. Right now, I wonder how Boy is-- is he healthy? Does he have another job? Is he happy?

Mike walks away, giving up on trying to talk to me. I can be childish whenever I want to be and I'm not going to said no either.

"Uh... Spring is around the corner." I say loudly, "yeah, I know--ouch!"

I hide my smile, "no, I'm being serious, a spring is around the corner."

He thought I was trying to start a conversation, he thought.