Chapter 23

Christmas Eve

 Ed smiled softly as I kissed his nose,

 "I'm just popping to Tescos to get some groceries and I'll be back in an hour, I've got your phone." He nodded,

"When I'm off bed rest I'll take you to get a new phone."

"Ok babe, I'll see you in an hour." He mumbled an inaudible reply as he began to drift back to sleep. Chuckling near silently to myself I snuck out of the room.

Ed had been out of hospital for 3 weeks and had been ordered to 5 weeks bed rest before he could get up and walk around; leaving me to do all the house work that I was beginning to learn seeing I hadn't done it in nearly 250 years.

It was odd trying to adjust to life as a mortal, I could still see the apprentices but I couldn't just zap myself back to cloud 9 at the push of a button. I hadn't seen Hannah or Michael since I was sent back to Earth.

Apparently Hannah hadn't taken the news very well. According to Payten she had stormed out of the realm and disappeared into the mortal world and no one had heard from her. Her bulb was still lit so she was ok.

I had one out looking for Michael after I had heard but he was gone as well, leading me to believe they were together. Hopefully not taking my lead. Cupid had to crack down on his rules on the other apprentices after my little show.

He was worried that more of the apprentices would start thinking they could fall in love with a mortal and destroy themselves to try and be with them. I had only been given a second chance because the high Lord favoured me, thankfully.

My life on Earth had been so different to what I had been expecting. But life with Ed was worth it. Since my transformation into the mortal world I had fallen further into this aura of love with my red haired man.  

After he had been shot, I thought I had lost him and that everything I had done would have one to waste. But thank the high Lord he was ok. He had suffered head trauma and lost a fair amount of blood but he was ok. There was a small chance he may develop premature dementure but not for many many years.

Sick Ed was as clingy as a sick child, needing you to tend on his every need. He was unsteady on his feet so needed my assistance to get to the bathroom and to undress to a certain point.

We hadn't one that far yet in our relationship, my old fashioned mind still insisting on waiting until marriage, which Ed had been edgy about but once he realised I was serious agreed.

I knew I loved Ed but I didn't believe that sex was a crucial part of a relationship. It was the ultimate act of love, something only shared and experienced for the first time with the person you know you are going to spend forever with, your husband on your wedding night.

Ed and I had spoken about marriage many times. But he was still on tour and recording a new album which then meant another tour the next year. We were ready to commit but his career wasn't, which we had come to terms with and were fine with. 

~~~

Shopping had become a small task for me. Many of Ed's fans new my face and often would recognise me when i went out. Since Ed's accident i was bonbarded with beautiful get well cars, flowers, gifts and so on for me to give him, which i was more than happy to do. It put such a gorgeous smile on his face each time he read one of the letters. 

It was no different today. It was Christmas Eve and my shopping basket was filled to the brim with small gifts and Christmas cards for both Ed and I, and even some for Harry. So instead of the usual half an hour trip, i found myself in the taxi back home 2 hours later. 

I leant heavily against the door balancing 6 bags of food, cards and presents. 

"Ed? Are you up?" I heard a rustle of movement before Ed stuck his head around the corner,

"I'll be there in a tick to help, i just need to finish setting this up." Before i could question him he disappeared back into the living room. I huffed and dropped all the bags closing the cold, London air out. Flicking my fringe from my eyes i pulled my heavy boots off dumpin them onto the carpet, efficienty spreading snow onto the ground. 

"Ed what are you up to?" As if on queue the sound of pots clanging against the tiles in the kitchen followed by muffled cursing.

"Ed?" 

"Don't come in babe! Give me a minute." The sound of plates bashing against one another continued but was soon followed by the smell of something amazing. 

"Ed, have you been cooking?" 

"Come into the living room and see!" I chuckled leaving the bags where they were and walked into the living room. My eyes widened as i took in the room. The lights were turned off and there were several candles spread across the room, a large plate of fajitas were sat on the coffee table and the title screen for Fresh Prince of Bel Air played silently on the telly. 

My eyes met Ed's and i let out a small chuckle at the sight of Ed in a green onesie sprawled across the sofa grinning,

"Care to join me my lady?" 

~~~

I giggled quietly as Ed managed to spill half of his food down the front of his onesie. We were sat on the sofa in our onesies, mine being a totoro onesie a fan gave me, and eating fajitas while watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

"Don't laugh, its hard to eat and laugh at the same time." I smirked,

"Clearly." He glared flicking lettuce onto my face. I huffed,

"Immature." 

"Grouchy"

"Messy"

"Tidy"

"Pain"

"Ass"

"Rude"

"Marry me?" I stuttered with my reply as i turned to see Ed facing me with a small box within his hands. I gasped slapping my left hand over my gaping mouth. He lifted the lid to show the most intricate looking ring i had seen in my entire life. 

(Picture in side bar, app users just use your imagination n_n ) 

"Ed," He hushed me with pleading eyes.

"I, uh, I'm not much of a person to make a speech out of this but i'll give this a shot. Lila, Lila sweet Lila. That day i saw you behind the O2 was the best of my life. You changed my life. I never, NEVER thought i would ever fall in love with a girl as much and as fast as i did with you. But i knew it was true love. When i saw you had died, it absolutely destoryed me. I couldn't bare thinking that i had lost the love of my life, again."

He paused, tears running down his cheeks. Sucking in a deep breath he continued. 

"But when you showed up on my doorstep, i could have just sang with joy. Thats when i knew i wanted to spend forever with you. But so much happened. I know it may not be the right time for a wedding, but i just want to be able to cal you mine. For good. So please, Lila Anderson of Cloud 9, would you please do me the honor of marrying me?" 

Tears blurred my vision as i smile spread across my hidden face. Ed's face with filled with such nerves and utter hope. I nodded moving my hands placing them on his jaw,

"Yes, yes of course, God yes!" A massive grin spread across his face. He snapped the box shut and pulled me closer kissin me forcefully. The pads of my thumbs rubbed the rough stubble splattered across his jaw.

He pulled back smiling with tears,

"I love you so much Lila." 

"I love you too Ed."

He picked up the box from the ground and lifted the ring from its cushion. 

"May I?" He grinned gesturing for my left hand. I grinned lifting my hand and he slid the ring onto my finger, it was a little big but it was perfect. He smiled and looked me in the eyes,

"I can't wait to marry you, my love."

~~~

AH i finally got it perfect!