Chapter 16

Lila's POV

I sat side stage beside Stuart Camp watchin as Ed took his place behind the microphone. Screams an cheers filled the arena as he waved out to the crowd.

"Hey Birmingham, how you doing?" He received screams and girls, and some guys, yelling 'I love you Ed'.

"You ready for a good night?" More screams.

"Can I get a hell yeah?"

I smiled watching as he started playing his song A team. People within the crowd sang along, many with tears in their eyes. It was heart warming to see Ed's voice could do this to people.

The song ended and the light lifted illuminating Ed's face. Lighting his hair to create a fluro halo effect around his face. He looked so innocent, and so happy.

 "This next song is brand new and hasn't been recorded. I wrote this song about a very special friend of mine. We met after one of my concerts. She was homeless an completely lost. I invited her to spend the night with me much to the horror of my tour manager." He paused as the crowd laughed.

"We spent the night talking and learning more about ourselves. I made a new friend that night. We saw each other very little after that night. Then one day I saw a news article saying she had been killed in a hit and run in London nearly a month ago” His voice cracked and a tear slid down his cheek. The crowd remained silent realising just how much this story meant to Ed.

“That was the day I realised just how much I loved her. Now that she was gone, I lost myself. I cancelled 37 shows in the process of finding myself. 3 days ago my good friend Harry came over and was trying to talk me into restarting my tour. He did a good job seeing I’m here now.” The crowd laughed and he smiled.

“There was a knock on my apartment door, Harry opened it and then she was there. Lila Anderson, the girl I loved. She explained there was a mistake with the identification of the victim.” More tears slid down his cheeks.

“I never thought I’d be able to hold her again. That day was such a spirit lifter. I wrote this song that night; this one is for you Lila.”

He began to play an unfamiliar tune; I hadn’t heard any of the words or the strumming patterns.

Give me love like her,

'cause lately I've been waking up alone,

Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt,

Told you I'd let them go,

And that I'll fight my corner,

Maybe tonight I'll call ya,

After my blood turns into alcohol,

No, I just wanna hold ya.

Give a little time to me or burn this out,

We'll play hide and seek to turn this around,

All I want is the taste that your lips allow,

My, my, my, my, oh give me love,

A smile made its way across my face. Tears lay unshed within my eyes as I watched the crowd absorb each word and chord into their minds. Girls stood with tears in their eyes or streaming down their cheeks. Men stood with their arms around their partner’s waist. No one spoke, no one moved; it was silent as each person stood in awe at the haunting beauty of the song.

Give me love like never before,

'cause lately I've been craving more,

And it's been a while but I still feel the same,

Maybe I should let you go,

You know I'll fight my corner,

And that tonight I'll call ya,

After my blood is drowning in alcohol,

No I just wanna hold ya.

Give a little time to me or burn this out,

We'll play hide and seek to turn this around,

All I want is the taste that your lips allow,

My, my, my, my, oh give me love,

Give a little time to me, or burn this out,

We'll play hide and seek to turn this around,

All I want is the taste that your lips allow,

Tears built in Ed’s eyes, slowly slipping down his tinted cheeks. His fingers never stopped playing, his voice continued to fill the room. Every few words his voice would crack as a new tear escaped his eye.

M-my my, m-my my, m-my my, give me love, lover,

Tears slipped from my eyes as he hit the last note with such power and passion. The arena remained silent as he smile shyly beyond the microphone stand. After several moments the crowd erupted into applause. He smiled,

"Thank you so much, I hope you enjoyed it." I smiled as I watched my Ed continue with the concert.

He wandered off stage and beamed at me, his sweaty face glistened in the soft glow of the side stage lights.

"Did you like it?" I nodded and smiled. He dropped his guitar and pulled me in for a hug. I giggled,

"Ed you're all sweaty." He chuckled and pulled me closer,

"I don't care. I love you." I smile and wrapped my arms around him, skin sticking to his sticky shirt.

"I love you too."

Stuart appeared and laughed at us,

"Hate to break up the love fest but we better get going before the fans begin to pile up." Ed hesitantly released me but immediately took my hand in his,

"Lets not get you lost," He murmured as we were ushered towards the back of the venue. The screams of fans reached our ears before the door was opened,

"This shall be interesting." Stuart groaned as the door was opened and we were near deafened by the sheer pitch of the screaming. How Ed coped with this every night on stage without doing deaf is a complete mystery.

Ed's grip on my hand tightened and he pulled me closer as fans ran closer to the barriers. People were waving at us and grinning madly, clearly putting two and two together.

"Ed, you and Lila look perfect together!" A voice off to the left caught our attention. A young girl about 10 years old stood smiling. Ed walked over and pulled her into a hug, whispering something unknown into her ear. Something good judging by the smile across her face.

Ed kissed my cheek as he joined me and lead me back to the van where Stuart was waiting,

"Let's go before this gets too hectic." Ed kissed my lips gently as the door closed,

"Have I mentioned I love you? Cause I really do."

xx

I dedicated this chapter to PartyWriting cause her Larry fan fiction trilogy has kept me going while sitting in the hospital waiting room desperately waiting for news on my Pop's condition. Thank you xx