Chapter 13

This chapter may cause springs of tears and deep emotions

Lila’s POV

After leaving Michael at the fuel station I headed east bound down the empty roads towards the dark alley way off to the left. I stood at the entrance of the alley and sucked in a deep breath inhaling the stale air being expelled from the alley. The air was heavy and warm, thick with the carbon dioxide freed from the sweaty bodies of dancers.

As I walked towards the end of the alley pounding music grew louder and louder. 11th row down, 7th brick across. I pressed the brick and watched as I sunk back into the wall. A loud groaning filled the air as a door opened to my right.

A grin made its way across my face as I stepped into the damp hallway. The door slammed shut behind me leaving me standing in a dimly lit hallway. The music grew louder; I followed the hallway until I reach a T section. Music was coming from both directions.

Laughter rang through the open hallway from my left turning my head in that general direction. I watched as two dark angels stumbled towards me, both completely drunk. The male had his lips attached to the others neck causing her to giggle and she pulled at his shirt. I walked past the couple and their giggling stopped.

Choosing to ignore them I continued towards the pounding music and loud laughter. The smell of alcohol filled my nostrils flaring in disgust at the foul liquid. I walked through the corridor with a feeling of pure determination set across my face. Part 2 of my plan was about to begin.

The club was filled with dark angels and other minions of Lucifer. I had entered ‘Nocte malitia fuste’, The Evil doings Nightclub reserved for Dank Angels and their companions only. Apprentices were forbidden to enter; this is where Lucifer and his minions came to relax after a day of destroying lives and the hope of many.

The feeling of pure evil in the air made me feel physically ill. This is the one place where Cupid would never find me. It was impossible, for he is forbidden to come in the presence of Dark Angels, rules of the Great Father. The only person who would be able to find me here is Payten but she avoids this place like it was a plague, she can’t stand it.

I walked through the crowd of dunk dancers, stumbling at the overwhelming feeling of pure evil, allowing my arrow to brush against their skin sending shivers through their bodies. I listened as they whispered,

Is that an apprentice?

What is she doing here?

Where’s Lucifer?

She has an arrow!

Why is she here?

She isn’t allowed to be here

The dancers moved from my path but allowed my arrow to touch their skin, soaking in the feeling of lust as the cold metal hit their skin.

I turned suddenly and hit the closest person to me, a young boy around the age of 21. His body lurched forward and connected his lips to the young male standing beside him. The whispers grew louder,

What is she doing?

She hit him!