Chapter 21

Lila's POV

"Ed, we need to on stage in 5!" The stage manager said as he walked into his dressing room without knocking, where Ed and I were having a rather heated kiss.

Ed pulled away glaring at the man,

"Knock next time!" The guy blushed furiously before slinking out of the room. Ed turned to face me,

"Where were we?" I smirked,

"You were about to go on stage, that's what." He glared and me and tried to kiss me again but I pushed him away,

"Nope. Go get on stage mister." He stuck his tongue out at me,

"Fine then, I'll go get all sweaty then come and hug you." My nose scrunched with disgust,

"You will not!" He winked teasingly,

"Try me."

~~~

The crowd were rowdy and many were drunk tonight. The annual pub crawl was the same night so many people were near wasted. Ed had continued to smile and play on, though he looked a little on edge.

There had been one girl to the left who had been yelling nasty comments at Ed as he sang. I watched as he had flinched at every word.

Queer, get off stage and bring us some real entertainment.

Some fans around her yelled back at her but it couldn't undo the damage already done to my poor Ed. His smile was slowly fading as he played A team.

White lips, pale face

Breathing in snowflakes

Burnt lungs, sour taste

Light's gone, day's end

Struggling to pay rent

Long nights, strange men

And they say...

A loud bang echoed through the room, the music stopping instatnly and a loud thud filled the room. Then silence.

~~~

On looking with horror his body hit the ground and then i couldn't hear a thing There was movement aorund me but all i could focus on was his still body laying on the stage. Two guards were either side of his body trying to strop the bleeding.

"Lila," a thick voice had called from behind me. I felt my knees begind to buckle and my vision blurred. A pair of arms gripped my body loweing me gently to the floor. And everything went black.

"Hey Lila, Lila open your eyes for me." A cool, damp cloth was pressed to my forehead. My eyes flickered open revealing a blurry figure. Quickly blinking my vision cleared. Harry was knelt beside me smiling.

"Hey there, you feeling ok?" I nodded blinking sleepily.

"What happened?"

"You fainted as the paramedics arrived. Lets get you up so we can go find Ed."
 My face fell, the images of he accident played through my mind. Harry sighed,

"He's ok, I'm not sure what happened but Stuart said he was ok when they took him. Stu called me to come pick you up."

I nodded slowly sitting up and slumping against his chest.

"Could you carry me?" His arm moved to lift me by my knees.

"Of course."

~~~

Stuart was sitting in the waiting room tapping away on his phone.

"Hey Stu! Any news" Harry greeted the man with a handshake.

"Hey guys. Good news he's gonig to be ok. They said the bullet pierced his skull but only skimmed his brain causing very little damage. He's in induced coma at the moment so he'll be out for a while. Doctor said he should be awake by the morning."

I nodded stiffly,

"What room?"

"Room 12, follow the hallway, its on the right."

Spinning on my heel i headed down the hallway leaving both Harry and Stuart behind. The hallway around me was empty, TV noises flowed quietly from each room i passed.

The door to Ed's room was open slightly propped open with a small white door stopper. My heart suttered as i closed the door behind me, the latch echoing through the near silent room, bar his heart monitor beeping steadily.

I sighed taking in his appearance. He was pale and sickly looking compared to the white hopsital sheets. There was a cream gauze wrapped around his head covering most of his hair and his left eye. A dark pool was visible where the bullet had nicked his skull. He was breathing steadily giving my mind a rest.

I took the seat beside the bed eyeing the pool that thankfully hadn't grown since i last checked. I took his hand in mine, his skin was warm and slightly clammy with sweat from his concert. Images of his body collapsing flashed through the room. Visions of him collapsing floated along the wall. My eyes widened and a sob escaped my chest.

A hand on my shoulder made me jump, holding back a scream.

"Lila? Are you ok?" I turned my head to meet Cupid's kind brown eyes. I flung my arms around is torso sobbing into his chest.

"I'm so scared, what if he isn't ok?" He pulled me closer hugging me tightly,

"He'll be fine, I promise." I pulled away sniffling,

"Promise" He smiled kindly, nodding easily,

"I promise." I sat back down taking Ed's hand in mine once again.

"Why are you here anyway?"

"The Father told me what had happened so I came to make sure you were calm. I knew you would be stressing." I forced a laugh, he knew me well.

"Well, you were right, but I feel better listening to his heart monitor." He nodded kissing my forehead.

"I'll leave you now, see you soon."

I felt the air move as he left. Only moments later the door opened revealing a tired looking Harry.

"How are you holding up?" I shrugged,

"i'd be better if he was awake." He smiled sympathetically,

"Well, I have bad news. Visiting hours are up so have to leave." My face fell even further than before.

"Oh."

"You're welcome to spend the night with me and Lou, if you would rather not be alone that is." I nodded,

"yea, that would be nice." He smiled,

"Say a quick See ya later and we'll go get you some clothes."

~~~

"Lila!" Louis yelled running down the stairs of their massive London townhouse. His face was nearly split in two with a massive grin.

"Oh Lila how I've missed you." I giggled as he tackled me.

"Miss you too Lou," He gave me a warm smile,

"Come eat fatty food and watch horror films with us and El." I felt myself perk up,

"Ellie's here?"

"Oh Eleanor dear!" Louis yelled, pulling me into the living room, Harry following close behind. Eleanor was sprawled across the couch with sweats and a sports singlet on. She had no make up and her hair was up in a messy bun. She looked stunning.

Her eyes tore away from the TV that was playing reruns of The Vampire Diaries.

"Lila!" She squealed jumping up and racing over. She hugged me warmly kissing my cheek.

"We've ordered pizza if that's ok?" I nodded grinning,

"I haven't had pizza in months." Louis gasped,

"Well than, we must change that." El rolled her eyes a her boyfriend.

"Now come on, Vampire Diaries so we can put on Woman in Black." Harry groaned,

"Why are we watching horror, I won't sleep tonight." Lou wrapped his arms around the taller lad,

"Come snuggled me then! El can sleep in the spare room with Lila."

"Let's do this poo!" El cheered earning a glare from Harry. The pair began to bicker as we sat on the couch.

We spent the night eating an screaming, and I loved every moment of it.