Race against time.

Thanks always to my wonderful Beta reader @rsrdiall

"Tsuruga-san, I'm scared!"

That's all it took. Ren was dashing out of his apartment and down to his car, his heart was racing, the love of his life was crying on the other end of the phone like she was about to break apart.

"It's OK, Kyoko-san. Just tell me where you are. I'm on my way." he cared about nothing, not even bothering to wait for the lift, he took flights of stairs in 2 long strides as he raced down to the underground parking lot.

"I'm at LME floor 2 of the parking lot." she choked out. He could hear her tears.

If she's at LME what could be wrong?

"Tell me what happened Kyoko-san." he was in his car, heart racing. He had hardly buckled his seat belt, before he was reversing out and speeding out of the parking lot at full speed.

"Well I got a new role today, it's a really big thing. Basically its going to be like my début." she choked out.

Well that's a good thing.

Ren thought as he listened for the rest of the story. There had to be more.

"I've got the lead in a new movie! I was so excited Ren-san!"

God she must be scared if she is calling me by my name.

Ren sped up.

"But then President Lory said he would introduce me to my co-star, Oh Ren-san he is so scary!"

Ren's heart leapt.

He is so scary! I will bloody kill him, what the hell has he done to her to make her cry like this?

"It's OK, Kyoko-san, I will be there soon what did he do to you?" he was fighting to control the anger in his voice, he didn't want to scare her more.

"He just keeps staring at me with his big eyes and then just after Lory left, he licked me."

HE LICKED HER!

That was it for Ren, he was going to kill the bastard that had scared his most precious Kyoko so much. He was going to be dead before the morning came.

"It's OK Kyoko-san, I'm nearly there. Where is he now?" he could hear her sobbing lessening,

"He's lying down." she whispered.

WHAT THE HELL WAS HE TRYING TO MAKE HER DO THAT BASTARD!

Ren was less than two minutes away now.

"OK Kyoko-san, where are you? Are you safe?" he needed to get to her.

"I'm hiding behind one of the cars, I think I'm safe for now." she muttered. She didn't seem to be crying any more but her fear still resonated in her voice.

Ren spun the wheel and sped into the underground car park, not even stopping to talk to the guard on duty. Luckily the barrier was up.

WHAT THE HELL DOES SHE MEAN SHE'S SAFE FOR NOW? THAT BASTARD, I'M GOING TO DISEMBOWEL HIM!

"I'm here Kyoko-san."

He spun his car onto the second floor of the car park. Without even turning off the engine, he jumped out and raced between the cars. Kyoko saw him, stood up and simply ran. Jumping into his arms, she again burst into tears sobbing uncontrollably.

"Why didn't you run away, Kyoko-san?" he asked while hugging the crying woman tightly.

She spoke between sobs,

"Beca...us...e p...r..e..s...ident t..t...t..ol..d m..e I h...a...d t..oo ge..t .t...o kn..ow h..im be..tt..er."

her sobbing and the words she told him made him lose his calm completely.

THAT BASTARD LORY! HOW COULD HE LEAVE HER WITH ANOTHER BASTARD WHEN SHE IS THIS SCARED? I'M GOING TO KILL THEM BOTH!

"Where is he, Kyoko-san?" he asked quietly, his rage showing in every inch of his body. She pointed towards a blue van parked 4 cars down from where she had been hiding.

"He's over there." Ren tried to walk forwards, but Kyoko was still gripping him tightly, trembling with fear. Picking her up in a princess hold, she never even flinched, just kept her head on his chest while holding him tight crying. He walked slowly over to the blue van, looking down between the blue car and the red van he saw his target.

Kyoko cowered closer to his chest, terrified, as suddenly Ren began to shake.

"Kyoko-san, is this your new co-star?" all she could do was nod.

It was too much for Ren. He burst out laughing. All that tension, all that fear, the girl he loves happily in his arms, not flinching away from him all for this:

"Kyoko, that's a dog."