Chapter IX

============================================  

GUITAR STRINGS: Harmony  

by: reader27®  

============================================ 

Chapter IX 

-Henry-

"Is he still coming?" Duncan asked tuning one of my guitars on my mini studio.

"Dumbass! Of course James will come! Why wouldn't he anyway?" Vic shouts from the other corner of the room playing on my Xbox360.

"Well he was certainly pissed last night without telling us why. Just walked out so suddenly." Duncan repressed.

"Well maybe he was just forgetting something or goes somewhere important." Vic said eyes still glued on the monitor.

"In the middle of the night?"

I sigh, this two really needs a bonding time alone. Despite the fact that the two are childhood friends, they acted like a cat and a dog; I just don't know which is which. But I think Vic is more like a bunny. A bunny? What am I thinking? Geez, these two nuts is driving me nuts.

A screech on my garage pulls me out of my thoughts, guess James is here. I need to talk to him and ask him what happened when he confronted Zach. Though Zach told me everything went fine, I still want to know the whole story.

Minutes later James appeared in the room with a smile on his face. Not really the one I'm expecting. I'm expecting a pissed off James, but I think this one is better. "Happy?"

"Yep. Why? Was it weird if I looked happy?"

"Told you!" Said Vic at Duncan's direction.

"Whatever!"

"Practice?" James asked.

"Hell yeah!" the three of us answered in chorus.

Everything went fine. The practice went alright with James all going so energetic and having a good mood. It felt like we've been back when we're just starting the band, and the feeling we all had when we had first performed in front of many people and won our first competition. I feel renewed so as our group.

After five rounds of playing Zach's composition and playing some random songs of All Time Low and making re-arrangements on the song, we all called it a day.

-James-

"We're going." Duncan and Vic bid goodbye just after we finished practicing. I feel ecstatic. I just don't know what brought this feeling. It's as if I'm a new man. Like I'm the boy I was back then, the one who always sees good things ahead. The boy who always think positive. It's good, I guess. I'm recovering.

"So how was the talk?" Henry asked still in the drum set.

"What talk?"

"You know the talk between you and Zach. And don't even deny that the minute you left last night you went for him." I sit on the couch keeping silent. Sometimes it just annoys me that my cousin knew me too well, like he can always guess my next move. "You didn't punch him, did you?"

"It went fine. We talked about the reason why he hid it and how you blackmail him."

"Sorry about that. Well, Zach really got it all. I mean he can play instruments, can write lyrics and put music into all on his own, and he got a real good voice too. So I take the initiative to make him use it."

"Yeah. I guess it's good. I just got a little mad that you knew it first that he is the person I've heard singing." That was the real reason I got pissed off last night. I got to know Zach first and he knew all the time that I was looking for that person. I just want to know more about him. And the fact that he got all those amazing talents makes me want to delve in deeper into his life.

"You're jealous then." Henry beamed at me grinning.

I threw one of the plush pillows at him. "Why would I be jealous? I just want to know more about the guy. And we become friends first before he got to know you."

"And now, you're saying you like him." His grin grew wider.

"Yeah, I do. I like him as a friend." I clarified but the grin on his face still didn't fade.

"No, you idiot. I'm talking about like like in an intimate way." I felt myself tense. And I know something hot creeping on my face, like blood rush it every veins my face. Do I see Zach on that way? I don't know but sure he's fun to be with. He kind of open up something in me and I let him in easily on the walls I built around people except the ones I cared for. Do I care for Zach? Yes, I care for the guy. There's no doubt about that. He just looks so fragile. But, do I like him on that level? I'm confused. I'm not even gay or at least bi, and I don't even know if Zach preferred guys.

I sense the criticizing look on Henry's eyes. I know that this very moment he is observing me. I just don't know if he's being serious or just pulling a string on me. "I'm not... I'm not---"

"Gay?" Henry said casually finishing the sentence for me.

I look at him, at his eyes. "Yeah, that."

"It's not about if you are gay or not James. It's about what you feel for the person bet it same sex or not."

"I don't know." I told him. And it was true that I don't know. "I don't even know if Zach is gay or not." Henry laugh like laughing like a maniac would do. "What? Did I say something funny?"

The moment he calmed, he said, "Zach is gay... or bi, I don't know which one."

"How did you know?"

"Come on, you spend a lot of time around him, and yet you don't know? It's obvious sometimes. And Vic told me so."

"Vic? How?" Why Vic would say that? What is his basis?

"He said he dated Zach." What the? No kidding!

"He dated Zach? How come I didn't hear about him saying that? When?" I demanded.

"Freshmen year. And calm down, you look like you want to kill someone. And by the way, I think Zach would love to see you blushing." Henry said before dashing through the door. That idiot!

"Douche bag!"

==================================

James' pic on the side xX