Chapter VI

============================================ 

GUITAR STRINGS: Harmony

by: reader27® 

============================================

Chapter VI

-James-

 “I told you he’s someone I know back in high school.” Henry said defensively looking but my direction sipping in his second bottle of beer.

 “Then tell me his name, his contact number because I want to meet him and thank him personally.”I challenged.

 “Aren’t you listening James? I told you he’s a busy guy and he said that there’s no need to besides we’re going to pay an amount for his songs and I thought we’re over this discussion.”

 “Ok. Enough of the argument.” Duncan butted in as the conversation seemed to tensed up a bit so as the atmosphere in Henry’s mini music studio where we all directly headed after the performance at the assembly. “We must celebrate that the crowd loved the song, I mean the song was really good.”

 “But, really Henry. I think your so called friend slash composer is kind of weird. I mean who doesn’t want to meet us? The Griffin! We’re quite popular, aren’t we?” Victor asked. “Besides, we should at least thank him and meet him personally.” My point exactly but that’s not what I’m aiming for. I just want confirmation that it was Zach.

 I sigh and put my beer on the table. Sure enough Henry won’t tell me. If that person made him to keep quiet or should I say if Zach wanted Henry not to tell anything, he wouldn’t. That’s just how Henry is; he can keep secrets and buried it with him on his grave if he had promised he will.

 I got up, walked to the corner and got one of Henry’s acoustic guitars. “Can I borrow this for awhile?” I asked keeping my voice calm.

 “Wait. Last time I check, you’re just plain vocals and didn’t know how to play a guitar.” Victor remarked making some humor out of it but apparently, I’m not in for one. Duncan smacked him on the head when I didn’t make any comeback or some comment. “That hurt. Geez… I just want to lighten up the mood here.”

 “Well you’re not helping,” Duncan said.

 I stare at Henry waiting for his answer. Well, I wasn’t really waiting for him to give his permission. Hell I can get anything here and he wouldn’t mind. He look at my direction and said, “What are you going to do with that cause apparently Vic is perfectly right.”

 “I want to learn how to play.” The three stared at me as if I just had transformed into something freaky. “So can I?”

 “Yeah,” he answered. “You’re leaving? Where are you heading?”

 I started for the door, grab the handle, look over my shoulder and said, “To your so called friend who made us song.” Before Henry could even retort, I slammed the door shut behind me heading directly to his garage with a guitar on my hand and making sure that I had the music sheet with me in my jeans’ pocket.

-Henry-

 He figured. I know he did. But how? I never gave a single clue who was my “so called friend” who had written us a song. James was acting like a child, acting when he found out that someone or something is keeping a secret from him, and I was. There’s this also something off from him awhile ago. He missed a note while singing that song. Like something just hit on his nerves. And after that performance he keeps silence and acted annoyed glaring at me from time to time. I never know why until we got at my house and he never stopped asking who my “friend” was. I’m seriously dead tomorrow if my suspicion was right. He will head to Zach’s. Sorry Zach.