Chapter V

============================================ 

GUITAR STRINGS: Harmony

by: reader27® 

============================================

Chapter V

-Zach-

A week and three days ago, I was a loner. A week and three days ago, I live my life the way I had it from the time that I was born. A week and three days ago, I would bid and kissed mom goodbye and be at home the exact time I usually did. A week and three days ago, I would spend my lunch break and vacant period alone at the rooftop of the remote building of Arts and Music Department. A week and three days ago, I was just Zach the nerdy smartass loner, the shy guy. But that all changed since the day those orbs of emerald green eyes peered at me, find me at the rooftop and meet the rest of his friend. That all changed when I start to hang out with them, with the members of The Griffin. And I felt not left out when I'm with them.

But, I wouldn't enjoy it if I feel this nervous as hell. Henry just found out that I can play instruments, can sing and write songs as well. I know I should be enjoying those talents, but I'm scared. I don't know what scared me though. Maybe the fact that if I start to show them my skills and if people start to noticed, they would swarm all around me, talked about me, talked to me. I don't mind if the members of the band knew but I wouldn't want the whole world to know, well not the world exactly, the school is maybe more appropriate. But a band will now start to play my song, my own written song. And it's a dream come true, a part of it. But it's... geez... it's just complicated.

Now, I can't sleep just recalling the talk back at Henry's house. And I just hope he would really do his part, to keep my identity, his friend that can write songs, unknown to the rest of the band members, even to James.

Flashback

"This house is yours and you live alone? Wow." I awed. He should really be rich to have all this. It was a simple two-storey house and it was great. It was even bigger than my house a bit. I want to have one too but unfortunately we're not that rich to afford my own house. Heck, I don't even have a car. Not that I crave for it. I'm contented with my life without all the riches, well some riches would do I guess so that mom would a bit take some rest from working all day.

"Yes. You can sit there. I'll just change my clothes. Feel at home." Henry said as he ran to the stair, to his enormous room I presume. I sat at the couch that Henry pointed at. I was surrounded by black and white. He's pretty neat though for a guy leaving by his self. I know for sure he got many girls to brought in here. But I guess he's not the type to just pick up girls just like that, it would be Duncan's personality, that skirt-chaser. "Liking my place, huh?" I got startled by Henry, descending from the flight of stairs.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool."

"Come on, I'll show something more interesting than this living room." He beckoned me to follow him upstairs and got to the farthest room. "Ready?" He said a smirk on his face. I nodded in response having no clue as to what's the catch behind the door.

Henry opened it and I'm sure my jaw dropped. Inside was a complete set of instruments needed for a band, amplifiers, speakers, twitters, microphones, complete drum set, keyboards, three guitars, and the likes. But to top it all off he got a small recording booth at one corner. To summarize it all, it's like a music studio, a nice and small one.

"Wow. This is so cool." I commented envy to what his got. I looked around and have a second look to my surrounding. God, I'm in love with this room. Can I just stay here?

"I know you'll like it. Come on sit." He said grinning and leading me into a plush couch.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked direct to the point as to why he brought me here.