Know what's yours

I woke up and felt something soft yet hard at the same time and it smelt of Oak and tea. I opened my eyes to see someone's chest, my eyes widen and I gently bolted up to see I was lying on Legolas' chest. To see him beside me early in the morning just gave me butterflies like crazy. And me lying on his chest, I must be having the most-- no the best sleep I have ever had in my life.

I smiled like a fool and blushed like crazy, I gently and slowly laid back on his chest and I felt his arms snake around my waist pulling me closer. My heart was beating like crazy I swear that Lord Elrond could hear it. Then all of a sudden someone burst through the doors as if we were being attacked and right on cue me and Legolas bolted up at the same time looking at the person who burst in the room. Ruining my moment with Legolas my only moment with Legolas and probably my last sweet and romantic moment with Legolas. My heart fell at the thought.

"Oh! I am sorry to wake you prince-- I didn't know you would be in here" Alassiel said as she fiddled with her fingers and looked at the ground. "It's fine Lady Alassiel, I was just leaving, Good morning!" Legolas said as he stood up and straightened his clothes so it wouldn't look like he just slept here, he then turned to me and said "I hope you are fine Lady Eleniel, hope you have a great stay" and I don't know if it is me or I saw that glint in his eyes saying that he didn't want to leave.

Legolas smiled one more time and then left with my eyes lingering on him. Wanting to just snuggle in his arms and stay there where I feel safe. "I am so sorry Eleniel" Alassiel said as she ran into my arms with urgency. "I am also sorry I ran and screamed last night, I should have listened to you" she then began to sob. I reassured her that everything was fine and we both talked and talked all about how I turn into an Orc. She also questioned Legolas' presence and I told her the story from the moment Legolas found me until the moment he left my door.

"So you love Legolas as in the love where you wanna bind together and have children but... he loves Tauriel but you never heard him say it?" she asked trying to make sure she fully understands my complicated love life. "Yes, I think you know that Tauriel might be the future Queen of Mirkwood" I said as I felt my heart saden. "Oh brother! That would be pain in the neck, she is so demanding and so mean. Her attitude is great for a captain but I don't think she could ever rule mirkwood. I think she'll even get all the elleths who have admired Legolas or fancy him and burn them to death" Alassiel said sarcastically. "Let's get ready, because I don't wanna be stuck inside my room all day because all night I have no choice but to lock myself in this room" I said, wondering if I could spend my day with Legolas.

----------------------------------------------------------

When me and Alassiel were done getting ready we just roamed the whole village, some people were greeting me while others just waved. Unexpectedly I saw the last person who I expected to see, "Adanessa?" I called out as I saw her buying some bread with her bulging tummy. She had a child and she did not care to tell me? Is she frightened of me or ashamed?

She turned around and horror filled her eyes, "Eleniel, what are you doing here?" she asked as she took a few steps back like she was afraid to be near me and I just flinched because of the disgust in her voice and the fear in her eyes. "Hey! That's all you got to say to your sister after years of not seeing each other?" Alassiel hissed as she folded her arms in front of her chest. "She's not my sister, she is a monster" she said as her eyes didn't left mine. I felt as if someone stabbed me again and tears started to fill my eyes.

"She is not a monster she is just--" but Alassiel was cut off right as Haldir came and took Adanessa away in a flash. He didn't want to make a scene since he was the March Warden of Lothlorien and Adanessa was the famous elleth who lost her family in a party of Orcs. I couldn't hold the tears back I then ran away ignoring Alassiel's calls and people's comment as what happened and who made her cry? it was too much for me to hear those words come out of my sister's mouth. She was my own blood, the only family I have left and all she sees of me is a flithy Orc.

I ran to the one place where I would always cry when I was a little girl, it was a specific tree. A tree with a broken talan, it used to be a watch tower but then it was raided and no one dared to ever fix it so it became my hiding place whenever I wanted to be alone.

Once I arrived at the secret Talan, I was glad to see it still in usable condition for me but I had to be careful for it to not break. I was crying silently not wanting to sob and make noises since these elves have good hearing. Suddenly I heard giggling and laughing coming from below and since this was a broken Talan, it had a hole on the ground and I could see anyone who passes by. I peeked down to see the owner of the voices that seemed happy and joyful.

But my heart fell again that I swore that the blood was drained for it as I saw Legolas and Tauriel walking side by side together, laughing. They stopped right at the bottom of the broken Talan and Tauriel then cupped Legolas' face "I do miss you Legolas" she said making me want to jump down and claw her eyes out. Legolas pulled her hands away and looked at her lovingly "As I do Tauriel" she said making me want to cry all over again. "So tell me, what are you gonna do with that elleth name Eleniel?" she asked making me tense up.

Legolas sighed making me feel sad that I felt like a burden to him. "I honsetly don't know, I do wanna help her and get rid of the pain. But how could I ever do such a thing when I can't even get rid of my own" he said as he slowly walked a few inches away from Tauriel with his back facing her. Tauriel's shoulders drop and she lazily made her way towards Legolas hugging him from the back and she whispered but enough for me to hear "You know I'll always be here Legolas no matter what" "Thank you Tauriel for always being here for me, I should get going and see how my father is doing I heard that he might hold another feast" Legolas said as he looked at Tauriel then walked away.

I was getting uncomfortable staring at Tauriel only so when I moved back I heard a loud crack next thing I knew I was falling out of the talan. Once I hit the ground I quickly got up so no one could see me but I was too late as I saw Tauriel looking at me with a smirk on her face. "You were eavesdropping" she said as she made her way towards me. I couldn't help but clench my fists as she came near.

"You heard him, he doesn't know what to do about you. All you'll ever be to him is a burden and one day he'll get tired then he'll leave you all alone with no one to protect you when you are who you truly are, an Orc" she said with venom in her voice. "I can protect myself and besides Legolas said that he'll always be there for me and protec--" but I was cut off by her snorting and she said "Aren't you hearing yourself Orc? Legolas is mine! As you can see, he has always been mine since the very beginning. You remember how close we were and when he needs a bride. he'll choose me, he'll never love you. You're an Orc. A flithy good for nothing Orc" she hissed.

"Yeah, he'll choose you because he has no choice" I said but then I regretted my words as I saw her face turn into a frown. She quickly then grabbed my face with one hand and squeezed it so hard that I swore that the blood in my cheeks were gonna burst. "Remember who you are Orc! Know your place! I can kill you in an instant and make it look like a raid of Orcs that killed you. You should be afraid of me! So I suggest you stay away from Legolas! Know what's yours before I teach you a lesson the hard way" she hissed as she threw me on the ground harshly.

Then she stormed off leaving me behind. Here I was again being threatened by that girl, the girl who stood between me and the one that I truly love. Or maybe my feelings for him are just fantasy?