Going Home

Have you ever had a nightmare and you wish you could wake up but couldn't because that's the time when you realize that it isn't a nightmare but it's actually reality.

I prayed to the Illuvatar that this was only a dream even if it means that Legolas would have never met me.

I was on my horse along with Legolas and a few Mirkwood warriors getting ready to leave Gondor and travel back home, Mirkwood. I was excited and nervous at the same time. I wanted to forget what happened at the feast because ever since then Adanessa didn't speak to me, she left early this morning to go to Lothlorien along with Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn. It broke my heart knowing she didn't want to speak to me or even say goodbye.

"Ready?" Legolas asked as he mounted his own horse, I faked a smile and nodded. As we started to travel I made sure that my cloak would cover my body especially my face. "I wonder if anybody will remember me" I said out loudly. Legolas turned to me and smiled. "I'm sure they will" but I knew he was faking it. They won't. Night fell and tomorrow night we will arrive in Mirkwood since we were riding hard and fast without stopping.

The two warriors made a fire and Legolas was at the side sitting on a rock staring at the ground. I sighed to myself waiting for the transformation to come, the two warriors who made the fire knew about my curse and they were worried about it since we are going in Mirkwood where everyone knew how to defend themselves but Legolas told me that he would keep me inside the palace but I wouldn't allow it, Legolas can't keep me in his palace forever. Soon I didn't notice that I was screaming as I transform into an Orc. The two warriors watched in horror Legolas kept his head down but I knew he was watching me in the corner of his eyes. I covered my face with my big ugly hands and told them in a hideous voice "I'm gonna get some rest" the two warriors flinched, and I knew that I would never fit in especially the only place I could call home, the place where I was born and raised, Mirkwood.

I went a bit far away from them but not too far and I laid down, my back facing them and the fire. I was crying silently, hoping none of them could hear my small but horrible whimpers. It hurts inside my chest, I was broken... Physically, mentally and especially emotionally. I knew that nobody would ever kiss me in my Orc form, but not only a kiss they must love me truly. who would? I was a terrifying Orc by night and a nobody elleth by morning.

But as I was crying I felt strong arms wrap around me, I was about to turn around but the person who hugged me stopped me from turning around and he whispered "Don't worry, I'll be beside you through everything" I started sobbing more and more and he just laid there hugging me from behind, not caring if I was an ugly Orc. later on I fell asleep in his arms, in Legolas' arms, someone who I wanted to be with but could not.

-----------------

I woke up with the small rays of the sun on me, the sun was about to rise but I was still an Orc. I opened my eyes and saw Legolas' amazing blue eyes stare at mine. I looked away but he put his palm on my cheek and whispered "Good morning" I did nothing, knowing if I smile it would be a hideous one and knowing if I greeted him a good morning my voice would only wake up the two warriors that were sound asleep on the other side.

"Please smile" he whispered, I could still feel his breath tickle the skin on my face even though I was an Orc. I did what he said and I smiled but after a few seconds that I smiled I turned back to my normal self. He smiled brightly with his hand still on my cheek, I giggled and said "Good morning" feeling a lot better when I'm normal and especially in his arms in the morning knowing that I spent the whole night in his arms, Orc or not.

But to my surprise Legolas pulled me closer to him and nuzzled in the crook of my neck. For a moment there I thought I was sent up to heaven and back. Him snuggling close to me like this felt amazing, felt so right. Legolas then pulled away and looked into my green eyes. He was about to lean in and so was I but then one of the warriors spoke "My prince! We have to keep moving" Legolas pulled away quickly and stood up. "Then we shall get going" Legolas said as if what we were about to do was nothing to him but a mistake.

I sighed to myself and got up.

-------------------------------------------------------

It was raining so hard and we have to keep on going since we were near to Legolas' kingdom and I was already in my Orc form. For the whole day Legolas has been ignoring me and sometimes I wonder if he was already married or his heart belong to someone else.

"We have to keep moving!! We are almost there!!" Legolas shouted over the thunder and hard rain. All of us nodded but suddenly a lightning struck right near us creating a fire in the trees, my horse jumped and I fell back, Legolas and the rest bolted ahead leaving me in the cold ground. I quickly stood up and ran after them but ater a few minutes of running, I realized that I was lost.

But I kept on running "LEGOLAS!!" I shouted as tears were streaming down my ugly Orc face. "HELP!!" I shouted again but as I turned around, an arrow was pointed at my face. "Don't move filthy Orc! Or I shall shoot my arrow in your face!!" an elleth hissed as I looked closely I knew who exactly she was,

Tauriel.

It's kinda short. But the good part is on the way! Hope you like it! Don't forget to VOTE!!! Thanks for reading!!

Annabanana2895