Darkest Corners

I took in the scenery that was right in front of me. It was beautiful like it has always been. I look beside me to see Legolas who was smiling at me and he said  "Enjoy it! Don't mind me" I turned back to the beautiful scenery and started sprinting towards anything that I spotted the pond, the soft grass, the butterfly that landed on a flower, the horse, the tree that I climbed up to feel the cold breeze of the wind.

I was once again a normal elleth. "I'M FREE!!!!!" I shouted as I jumped down from the tree and landed in a pile of leaves. Legolas quickly came to me to see if I was alright but as he looked down on me, I was giggling having the time of my life. He chuckled and said "How does it feel to be normal again?" I smiled widely at him and stood up and said "It feels wonderful!" as I twirled around with my hands stretched out.

"Soon we need to go back to Rohan." Legolas said as he started to walk towards the building. "Tell me Prince Legolas--" before I could finish he cut me off by saying "Please call me Legolas only" "How is Mirkwood doing?" I asked, he frowned and said "It's doing well, but some parts of the forest are being taken over by giant spiders" I gasped and said "That's horrible"

He nodded and said "Don't worry, The Kingdom is being watched over by Tauriel" he said, by just hearing her name makes my heart break. "Oh, Tauriel? How is she doing?" I asked, not wanting to ask if they were married or not. "She is now the Captain of our armies in my absence. She is doing great!" he said with pride. making my heart tightened. "How about your parents?" I asked but by the looks on his face something bad must've happened.

"The spiders took my mother away" he said as he looked at the ground before I could say anything tears were already in my eyes. I have always adored the Queen of Mirkwood, she had beauty, wisdom, knowledge and she was mature and the only one who can calm down an Angry king Thranduil. "Hey! Don't cry... everything's fine. My father is doing well though" Legolas said as he wiped the tear that slid down my face making me smile weakly.

"Come, you should eat something and get you ready to journey to Rohan" Legolas said as he grabbed my hand, making me realize that ever since the first time he grabbed my hand the butterflies in my stomach haven't left since then.

----------------------------------------

After I ate and changed into different clothes that Eowyn gave me who I have now become very friendly with since she was the only female who I can see constantly. we were now on our way to Rohan. I was riding with Aragorn since Gimli was riding with Legolas.

And once we arrived in Rohan Gandalf and one of the hobbits named Pippin have to leave us to go to Minas Tirith, which is in Gondor.

"Are the people usually like this?" I asked Eowyn as we watched Gandalf and pippin leave. Eowyn looked at the small village and said "When the darkness took over most of the land they had become like this but before we used to be a merry village. Too bad it could never be restored" Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Merry were on top of the building watching Gandalf and Pippin leave too.

I hated seeing people being like this, most of their faces were full of grief and sorrow, I have seen too much of it and had also experience it myself. but I wanted to help everybody and not be a burden to them. I smiled at Eowyn and asked "Do you know how to sing?" she faced me with a confused expression and said "yes, but what for?" I quickly grabbed her hand and led her towards some of the people in the Village.

I could feel Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Merry's eyes on me and Eowyn. Some people in the village looked at us and some of them were afraid. but soon I started singing, at first everybody looked at me as if I was crazy but soon Eowyn joined me as we started singing some of the children also sang then next thing we knew Merry was beside us and we started singing merrily and dancing to the beat as two men got out a small looking guitar and some board to beat on (Drum). Soon all the village started to dance and sing with us making everyone smile. As we looked back to King Theoden's house, he was standing outside clapping along to the beat.

Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli were standing next to the King.

Right now, no sorrow, no pain, no evil could break our happiness because right now in this moment of happiness was all that mattered.

Legolas' POV

I watched as Eowyn, Eleniel and Merry sang and dance along with the villagers. It was amusing and spirit lifting as you watch them. Eleniel had something within her as she made the once frowning sorrowful villagers into Happy hopeful Villagers, the song was joyful full of happiness and within this moment no evil could be thought of. It was like Eleniel was the light of hope to shine in the darkest of corners in Middle Earth.

She came to us unexpectedly in a unexpected place, in unexpected time and in a unexpected way. It was like the Great Valar gave her to us for hope. Her name Eleniel meant Star, I knew her mother and Father. They were famous in my father's Kingdom, but I never knew they had two wonderful daughters. Who also gave hope in Joy in their village before. I have heard that they would put up a small song everyday. Her sister would sing while she dance and pull everyone in a dance and that was what she was doing right now.

Unfortunately I never got to meet Eleniel before her family was attacked, Only Adanessa and she was on the very edge of dying, because grief consumed her quickly. but once she got to Rivendell everything turned out great, I became close friends with Adanessa, she was beautiful and she was getting married soon.

but how was I to tell Eleniel?

Eleniel's POV

The song ended and everyone started to clap their hands and thank me. but I just said "I couldn't have done it without such great people like you guys" they would always give me a hug or a kiss on the cheek or forehead. but soon Aragorn caught my attention as he pointed to the sky and the sun was about to set, my smile faded. I knew what was about to happen.

It was a good thing that King Theoden told Eowyn who would look over me, Eowyn put a comforting arm on my shoulder as she led me towards King Theoden's house. The three from the fellowship clapped their hands. "Lassie, That was amazing of you!" Gimli said as he hugged me and lifted me up in the air making me giggle. Legolas as usual just smiled at me while Aragorn looked at me and said "You are the light of Hope"

"What?" I asked as we all entered the halls of King Theoden as they locked the door so no one could come in and freak out once I turned into an Orc. "You are so hopeful that your soul shines a light so bright that the hope can spread to anyone by simply looking into your eyes" Aragorn said

but as soon as I saw everyone smiling at me for what I have just done which was nothing since I used to do something like that with my sister before making me miss her, My skin was burning and I screamed a bit as I stumbled into a dark corner and turned into an Orc. "Eleniel, no need for you to hide, we locked the door so no one can come in. You are free here!" King Theoden announced but I was ashamed.

"It will also be quite amusing" Gimli said making me give out an ugly chuckle. I then revealed myself but to my surprise no one had a frown or scared face. They all were smiling at me. "Why are you guys all smiling about?" I asked, mentally cursing my Orc voice.

"We all feel pity for you. but once Sauron is defeated the curse would be lifted" Aragorn said with a smile. I smiled as a tear slid down from my eyes and said "Thank you!"

Even in my ugliest form, I knew there were people who can accept me,

people who cared for an Orc

not just any Orc

but me.