62 // roger rabbit - sleeping with sirens

It was nearing eight in the morning when Stiles was awoken by several screaming voices. He could hear Scott and Isaac shouting something (he didn't bother deciphering it) but he went back to sleep. It wouldn't be the first time the two would be doing something like that.

When he heard Lydia's voice amongst them, he was no longer sleepy.

"Stiles, open the goddamned door!" was what Lydia was screaming.

They were all collectively banging at the door. He made a mental note to scold them about it because that's just plain rude.

"What?"

Scott, Isaac and Lydia all shut up and stared at him for a very brief moment. That's when Stiles realized that he probably looked like death as he was always extremely grumpy in the morning and them being oh-so-quiet wasn't helping.

"Dude," Isaac said slowly, "look at our Youtube channel."

"No," Stiles replied. "What the hell's going on?"

Lydia beamed at him. "Road to Serenity reached nearly a hundred thousand subscribers this morning."

Well, that was something he was not expecting.

With the four of them staying still, looking at each other and all of them processing the information on their own way, time passed slowly. But when the shock-time was over and a smile began gracing Lydia's lips, everything moved in fast motion.

Stiles' room became one huge mess twenty minutes later. They all finally calmed down, stopped screaming and let the relief wash over them. Out of breath, everyone was just lying down and trying to accept the facts.

"How'd it happen?"

The rest of the group looked at Stiles, before Lydia sighed. "I promise I didn't stalk you."

Stiles raised an eyebrow at her, but let it go.

"Okay, so what I managed to find is that few weeks ago, Anarbor tweeted your cover of 18," said Lydia. The boys nodded, all of them already knowing that. "Well, apparently, some other bands then began discovering your covers of their stuff and then BBC made a list of upcoming bands and included you. And then even more artists began noticing you, your original stuff more than covers, and all that happened within the last twenty four hours."

"Who are those artists?" Stiles asked, trying to regain his cool.

Lydia's smile grew wider, but she didn't have the chance to answer with Isaac speaking up impatiently, "Green Day, Blink, Paramore, Sleeping With Sirens, The Offspring, Good Charlotte and Sum 41. And those are just the ones I really care about."

"Gr-Green day?"

"Green Day, Stilinski. Green fucking Day."

When Derek came and was told the news, Stiles felt as if something had exploded in all of them. Everybody was yelling, celebrating, nobody able to control themselves. They went out for breakfast, to some restaurant he couldn't even recall the name of. They got beer, they got drunk and they filmed a cover of My Chemical Romance's Welcome to the Black Parade on Lydia's suggestion.

He almost kissed her, more than once, but he was drunk and she hardly was and even then he knew it wasn't the right thing to do.

They spent the first half of the day in the studio, doing everything and nothing in particular. Stiles couldn't remember the day he was happier and he couldn't stop seeing Lydia's face everywhere.

She was smiling; at him, at the rest of the boys, at everything. She was dancing and singing and even though she was hardly even tipsy, he thought she was adorable having finally let loose. And, God, she was horribly attractive in the moment she took the microphone and began singing The Neighbourhood's A Little Death. He didn't even know someone so innocent could have so sexual moves.

But they sobered up, even before lunch. They filmed a thank-you video and all of them wanted Lydia to come in front of the camera, but she rather stayed behind. And all during the filming, Stiles couldn't take his eyes off of her.

He was certain she was his lucky charm.

[sorry!! this is crap!! but i literally have no inspiration for this. but if i don't finish it until the end of the month i don't think i will anytime soon.]