53 // heroes - david bowie

About half an hour later, the two have finally arrived at Lunar Eclipse, and it was Lydia's turn to be in absolutely complete awe. The building was dark red, and while it looked modern, it had some sort of an antique touch to its architecture, and she felt like she was about to step into something very, very important and magnificent.

Long story short, Lydia absolutely loved it already.

"Honestly, I don't know if I could afford to stay somewhere like this," she told Stiles. "This place is, like, freaking amazing."

Her friend grinned at that, nodding. "You haven't even seen the real deal yet."

She giggled at that and, even though she knew nothing about it, Stiles tried really hard not to smile brightly at the sound of it. He had it bad, there was no denying it – or, at least, he told himself that there was. He could deny it no matter for how long, but the feelings were the problem. (Yes, he had those.)

"Okay, so the plan was to have you immediately put into your room, but I felt like you could use some refreshments," he informed Lydia. "So, we're taking a two-minute trip to Jungle first, we'll both get something to drink, and then we're going to your room."

"Okay, cool."

Lydia didn't have anything against his plan; in fact, she really was thirsty and a glass of water that didn't taste like pure plastic (like those on the plane) would help. Without a word, she listened to him talk about the history of the hotel while they were walking towards the café, and one of the hotel employees had taken care of her bags.

There was something about his voice that was just so nice that Lydia thought he could talk about how he was tuning in his guitar and polishing it and she wouldn't mind. Maybe it sounded crazy, but he had one of those voices you could fall asleep listening to. It was also kind-of an problem, because Lydia sometimes concentrated more on visualizing his voice than listening to the content of what he was saying.

"You didn't get a word I just said, huh?" she heard him say, a smile dancing on his lips.

She let out a groan, letting her head fall into her hands as she laughed in embarrassment. "God, I'm so sorry! I guess I'm a bit nervous to be here."

"It's okay, don't worry."

He smiled at her and she smiled back, not knowing why the hell things seemed a bit off – but the good kind of.

"Oi, Stiles!" someone yelled from the other end of the café and, about two seconds later, a brown-haired boy around Stiles' age was standing in front of their table, grinning. "What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you to ask me what I'll have," Stiles teased.

"I'll ask you what you'll have when I get to meet your company," the boy said, winking at Lydia. She flashed a sheepish smile in response; he seemed okay.

"My company's name is Lydia, and this jackass here is Theo."

"Hi," Lydia told Theo, who smiled widely in response.

"I'll have Fanta," Stiles requested, receiving odd looks from the two. "What? I can't be the only one who likes it!"

"You're the first person I've met who likes it," Lydia informed him, before shifting her gaze to Theo. "I'll have just a glass of water, please."

"Coming your way," Theo replied and left.

Considering the boy was back less than half a minute later, Stiles and Lydia didn't have much time for talking. Between them was silence, but the one that feels really good in the right environment. The café was flooding with people, and the background was filled with chatter of them all. It was something Lydia really liked, because it made her feel like a part of something beautiful. That's probably why she used to spent almost all of her time in the café down the street from her, Echo House.