55 // temporary bliss - the cab

There was a time (read: twenty minutes before) when Stiles thought Lydia was as beautiful as she could be. But that was before Isaac started showing her how to play his solo in Lose Your Mind and she finally managed to rip it off. Stiles was watching them from the corner of his eye, working with Scott and Derek on his new song. They were supposed to be figuring out who would sing what and Derek was supposed to see what he could do with the drums, but Stiles didn't pay attention to any of that.

His attention had been stolen by a five-feet-three redhead who, as soon as she got Isaac's electric guitar in her hands, squealed loudly. It was amusing, actually, yet Stiles tried not to laugh.

So, once Lydia caught the gist and started playing Isaac's solo (which was something Stiles could never pull off), Stiles realized that this girl was doing things to him just by being herself. Her long hair was tied up in a loose ponytail, hanging just above her butt. Her tiny fingers somehow managed to hover over the entire neck of the guitar, pulling the strings with an amazing grace yet looking violent. Her plump, light red lips were parted, and he could see the amazement in her green eyes.

She completely into music and he was completely into her.

"Dude," faintly, he heard Scott say, "you're drooling."

Stiles' eyes widened and he turned back to Scott and Derek, pretending as if nothing had happened. Or, more of trying to pretend as if nothing had happened – the other two were looking at him while he was trying to stop smiling like an idiot.

"Sorry," said he. "You were saying?"

Derek sighed. "That you should go to Isaac and Lydia because you're obviously not concentrated on this."

"No, I'll do this. We have only have two days."

"It's not like it's our first gig ever, Stiles," said Scott and placed a hand on his best friend's shoulder. "If you still want to play this song there, you might as well play this acoustic version. It's great."

"But it's supposed to be a punk-rock song," Stiles whined.

"Stiles?"

"What?"

"Shut the fuck up and go there." Scott grabbed his shoulders and turned him around before pushing him forward, leaving the nineteen-year old on his own.

Inhaling deeply, Stiles walked over to the opposite part of the 'studio', where Lydia and Isaac were. On his way, he was trying to think of what to say, but he couldn't really come up with anything worth saying. Instead, his eyes were glued to Lydia's smile and he felt something inside his stomach – jealousy? No, it couldn't be – as he watched her play the guitar with Isaac constantly fixing the position of her fingers.

As soon as the strawberry blonde raised her head, her entire face lit up even more. "Stiles! Isaac taught me to play the intro of Arabella!"

A wide smile spread on Stiles' face at the enormous amount of excitement in her voice, and he was left in awe once she played the intro, her tongue sticking between her lips. He was standing in front of her, watching her, and clapping for her when she was finished. He couldn't stop smiling and even the uneasy feeling in his stomach was gone as he realized that it didn't even matter.

There was something about Lydia that made her special. He couldn't say she was hot, because she had too much innocence on her features and in her mannerisms to be called hot; she couldn't be called cute, because sometimes, she would give him this look and he would go absolutely insane; she couldn't be called beautiful, because she really wasn't. Beautiful was an adjective Stiles would give to this random girl he thought was extremely attractive and smart, but Lydia was something entirely different. She wasn't beautiful because she walked like she was going to step on glass any moment; she wasn't beautiful because when she smiled, she would look down as if she were ashamed; she wasn't beautiful because there were many things about her that Stiles just couldn't point out that were everything but beautiful