54 // car radio - twenty one pilots

On their way to the studio, Stiles kept asking Lydia about her impressions of his bandmates and, from what he'd gathered, she was still pretty shocked about actually meeting them. That actually surprised him, because, even though he knew she was a really big fan of Road to Serenity, he never really anticipated the fact that she was a fan. He'd never really gotten the chance to meet one (a fan of his band, that is) so this entire experience was quite new to him.

And he felt kind-of hurt considering she wasn't fangirling when she had first seen him at the airport. "Um, listen; not to seem rude or anything, I'm just wondering. Why didn't you, you know, freak out when you met me?"

Lydia smiled to herself, staring at the floor. "Because I already knew you."

"So?"

"You're kinda more of a friend to me than just someone I tend to fangirl over."

"Oh."

So really, they were friends. Even though that was a fact that had been established long time ago, there was still a part of him that kept thinking that she was just using him to get to the rest of his bandmates (he tended to be quite paranoid about some stuff). Now, hearing it coming from her mouth, it all felt more real. Meaning he realized he was suddenly completely aware of her presence next to him, and he was trying hard to keep his calm.

Which was a big problem, really, because all he wanted to do was make her happy for every minute she spends at LA. Oh-so-cliché, Stiles thought to himself, but grinned nevertheless. It was kind-of nice to be a part of that cliché.

They spoke a little more until they came to the studio, Stiles opening the door for her. He also tried to ignore how flustered he got when she smiled at him. Every damn time.

"Hey!" they heard Scott shout from the other end of the room, grinning at them widely. "Took you long enough."

"Yeah, well – I needed to show her around a bit."

He was very much aware of the heat on his left upper arm caused by Lydia's shoulder being pressed against it; she was nervous, he could tell. She was also looking around in wonder, examining the room. He could see awe on her face, while to him, it was nothing but a big, white room filled with instruments, microphones and tons of wires.

"What're you guys doing?" he asked, approaching the trio, who were standing at a table and staring at two sheets of paper on it.

"Seeing if Isaac's song can work with the music in Derek's head," Scott informed.

"Can I see it?"

"Sure." Isaac handed him both papers, throwing nervous glances at Lydia. "You can, um, show it to her, too. If she wants."

"I'd love to," Lydia replied with a huge smile on her face as she peeked from beside Stiles. "Isaac, this is great!"

Stiles couldn't help but smile at the amount of excitement he could hear in her voice, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, this is really good. Probably as good as Steal Us Tonight."

"Is that a song you still haven't posted on YouTube, or did I miss anything?" Lydia asked.

"Not posted yet," Derek answered. "In fact, we're just finishing the touch-ups, and it might be posted sometime this month."

"Dude, that was supposed to be a surprise!" Scott groaned, putting his head in his hands; the rest of the boys only sighed at that.

"Well, shit. Pretend you didn't hear that."

"You're all good, Hale," Lydia said and winked at him, causing Stiles to laugh.

"Oh, speaking of which," Derek said, looking at Stiles, "I managed to write the music for your song, so we can start practicing today."