| Chapter Three |

I looked in shock, as I stared at my laptop screen.

'One Direction's Zayn Malik and Little Mix's Perrie Edwards, where spotted a few hours ago outside of London, looking very cute together.'

But I thought Zayn said that they broke up?

I closed my laptop, pushed it back on my desk, and flung myself onto my bed. I heard heavy booted footsteps coming up the stairs, and knew it was Zayn. The footsteps got to my door, and I heard my door handle tried to be turned but it wouldn't. I had locked the door before, wanting alone time.

"Niall, let me explain." Zayn said, worry lacing his words.

"Go away." I answered, letting my feelings take the words.

I rolled over on the bed, and yanked the blankets up over my head, letting quiet warm tears leak out of my eyes and on to my pillow.

"Niall please." Zayn begged.

When I didn't answer, I heard his footsteps fade away down the hallway, and his door slam. I let the tears out, trying my hardest to be quiet.

But you know that feeling, when things had been being piled on top of you for so long, and one small hit in a weak place, everything comes crashing down around you?

Or when you try to keep your sobs silent, but you can't, and your stomach twists, and you can't seem to feel your lungs, and you let everything out?

I pulled myself into a ball, and cried myself to sleep.

It was around two am, when I woke up and I knew what I had to do. I dragged myself out of bed, packed a suit case, and got in the shower. When I got out, I found a pair of sweatpants, and my Ireland sweatshirt. I grabbed a SnapBack and my black ray bands, and absconded from the house, and down to the road.

I waved down a taxi, and told him to take me to the air port. When we got there, I paid him, and quickly got out, and went to a desk. I bought the next flight to Ireland, knowing I had to go home and get away for a while.

I got through security rather fast, and bored the plane, which would take me back home for a few weeks. I was afraid for how the boys would react, and I thought it was stupid of me to leave my car.

Oh well, I won't need it back in Mullingar. If anything I'm just going to hide in my room the whole time, just thinking about things. I pulled my hood over my head, so no one knew who I was, because that would give me away.

A few hours later, the plane touched down, and I rushed off the plane and through the air port. I was able to find a taxi, and the paps where their, which I was more then joyful about.

I told the taxi driver my address, which was a good thirty minutes away. It was about seven o'clock when I got home, and I knew me mom and me dad would be up, and already have a cup off coffee or two.

I paid the taxi driver, and run up to my front door, and knocked happily. The door swung open, and me mum gasped.

"Niall!" She said, and wrapped her arms around me.

I melted into the hug, knowing me mum would make it better. I heard baby Theo in the back, and a scrapping of chairs, and footsteps arriving.

"Ni!" Greg said, and me mum let me go.

Greg hugged me tightly, and when we pulled away, he knew something was wrong. He mouthed to me /we'll talk later/. Me dad came around the corner and looked just as happy as mum did. I hugged me Dad, and Greg went to tend to Theo.

"Is Denise already at work?" I asked, as me mum took my suitcase, and had me sit down.

"Yeah, she had the early shift, and I have to be getting to work. Ni, can I trust you with Theo?" Greg asked in a joking tone.

"I don't know Greg, I might get high today." I joked back.

"Well get me some of that stuff too, see you later Nialler." he said, and opened his arms for me, and I happily gave him another hug.

Greg bids his goodbyes to mum and dad, leaving little craic home with me. Theo looks over at me, and I reach over, and pick up him out of his high chair, swinging him into my lap. He giggles as I do so.

"A win for Uncle Niall!" I cheer, and he gives me a 'wtf' kind of face.

I laugh softly, as me mum puts a plate of eggs, bacon, and pancakes in front of me. I wanted to protest, but me mums cooking is the best. I smile up at her, and she kisses the top of my head, and I felt like I was fifteen again.

Theo made a noise in my lap, and made grabby hands for me mum, and I handed him off to her, and she made a face.

"Alright Theo, time to go get changed." She said, and I start crackling beside her.

She gave me a playful glare, and I quickly turned to my food, and inhaled it. I was done by the time she came, back, and didn't look the least surprised about it. Me dad came down the stairs, and kissed me mum on the check, ruffled my hair, and kissed Theo's check before grabbing his keys and walking out the front door.

"Are you sure you are going to be okay home with Theo?" Me mum asked.

I scoffed and rolled me eyes, "Mum, I'm fine. I'm twenty years old; I think I can handle Theo."

She nodded her head, and kissed my check, before going up stairs to go get ready. I took Theo into the living room, and put him in a little swing that hooked onto a door frame. I felt my phone buzzed, and pulled it out, looking who I got a text from. It was from Zayn, and I felt my heart leap into my mouth.

I just looked at the message on my lock screen, not wanting to read it. I ended up putting my phone on silent, and putting it face down on the coffee table. Me mum came down the stairs ready for work with her purse over her shoulder.

She smiled at me, and kiss me head again, before waving bye to Theo, and walking out the front door. When she left, I clicked on the TV. It was on E! news, and I was to lazy to change the station.

"Breaking News! One Direction's Niall Horan was spotted boarding a plane in London! we haven't heard from the rest of the boys, but oh how the rumors are flying! Maybe he's home for a sick friend, or a wedding?" The new anchor explained, a little to preppy.

I quickly changed the station, as my phone started lighting up, like America on the Fourth of July. I watched as my lock screen, got spammed with twitter notifications, the boys trying to reach me, and even Modest! calling.

I didn't answer anything, but simply turned off my phone. Theo cried out, and I got up and went over to him. He looked tired, so I picked him up, and carried him up to his room.

I found out Theo is a lot like me. If you lay little craic down,play soft music in the background, give him a blanket and leave him alone, he'll be out like a light. Once he fell asleep, I got up and went back down to the living room with my laptop and phone in hand.

I put it down on the coffee table, and made sure to pull the blinds shut. I fell onto the couch, opening up my laptop, and turning on my phone.

Thirty seven missed calls

Fifty new unread text messages

Twenty two voice mails

I pulled up twitter on my laptop, and the fans where having a metal breakdown. My phone started having a spaz attach, and I looked down at it.

incoming call; Uncle Si

I pressed the green button, and put the phone up next to my ear.

"Thank god you answered Ni." Simon said. "Can you explain why you left?"

"I just need space Simon....give me a little time. I'll be fine. And I also want to be home with Theo."

"Okay, I understand Niall, but next time can you just send me a text saying that you are going home for a little bit? I won't tell the boys that I heard from you, knowing Liam he would be on the next flight over and drag you back to London by your ear lobe." Simon said, and I chuckled.

"That's very true Simon. Thank you for understanding and not telling the boys. I just need a month or two, and I'll be back. Just say for right now that I have a sick family member if they ask in interviews." I explained.

"I will call you in a few weeks?"

"Okay, bye Simon."

"Good bye Niall." and with that the link went dead.

I put my phone back on the coffee table, and scrolled through twitter. The boys haven't said anything about me not being back at our flat, and now I'm feeling I should have left a note.

I didn't reply to any tweet that I was tagged in, because that would give something away. I ended up shutting my laptop, and putting my phone on silent, and picking out a movie to watch. I chose Despicable Me, since the minions are the legit best part of the whole movie.

I felt young again, and all my thoughts where set aside on a bookshelf.

I was afraid I would never want to go back again

Author Note: Sorry it took so long to update. I will try to update as much as I can, but I need focus on school, because my parents want me to get good grades, and I have three B's and two A's and I need to bring the B's up to A's and ugh. I'm sorry guys, I'll try to update as much as possible!

~Emily xoxo