Chapter 14

Sorry for the wait guys! Issues at home. Sigh. Anyways, hope you enjoy! ^-^ 

^^^^^

Sunday

Ch14

Ava'

I felt something soft brush at my face, I scrunched up my eyebrows and attempted to open my eyes. I could smell something, it smelt delicious and tantalizing...bacon.  I opened my eyes wide, my vision was blurry and my head was pounding. I looked around wildly trying to make sense of my surroundings.

I looked up at spotted the grey eyes squinting at me, I titled my head to the side and blinked a few times looking at Calyx. He still had his dimples. I giggled softly, I realised his hand was brushing softly at my face and I couldn’t help the small blush that formed on my cheeks.

“Why are you giggling?” he asked, smiling brightly at me.  I simply shook my head and pointed to the dimples in his cheeks. He shook his head, his black hair flying across his forehead.

“You still have dimples, I remember the first time I saw your dimples in the facility...” I trailed off, my eyes taking on a lighter tone as my mouth set itself into a thin line. The facility. Where he left me. I coughed loudly and sat up, ignoring his gestures. My sudden change of mood and bitchy attitude meant something. I was unstable. I needed lightning. I ground my teeth together and grabbed a piece of bacon, biting into it and tearing off a piece. I glared at Calyx, chewing softly on the bacon.

“If this bacon wasn’t so damn good, I would be demanding thousands of questions from you, you little shit.” I spat. He looked taken aback and stared at me as if I had grown two heads. I scoffed and gobbled down another piece of bacon. Wiping a hand over my mouth I sat up straight and looked at him squarely.

“What’s with this sudden mood change? Why are you acting like this Ava?”

“What? Do you honestly think I’m the same girl I was when you abandoned me? Really? I’ve changed Calyx. I had to adapt to survive, and I think I did pretty well for myself without you.” I crossed my arms, looking at his facial expression he seemed, passive almost indifferent as if my words had no affect on him at all. I knew what it meant. He was dying on the inside, he was probably angry as hell but of course he wouldn’t show it. It’s the great and stoic Calyx, who shows no fear. Asshole.

I got up and made my way to the bathroom, he soon followed after.  Looking for my toothbrush, I looked at the mirror seeing him in the reflection and I glared daggers at him. I got some minty toothpaste out, squeezing the tube so a little dollop could hop onto my brush.

“Look, Ava. I’m so sorry, I didn-“ I cut him off before he could continue, pointing the toothbrush accusingly at him.

“Don’t you Ava-I’m-sorry me! You don’t have the right to say that you’re sorry, sorry isn’t going to help!” I screeched my toothbrush waving about as the toothpaste fell right off. I glared at it.

“Look at what you did! It’s on the floor now!” I yelled, throwing my hands up exasperated.

His mouth flew open and he held up his hands in a defensive position, “Me? I did nothing! You’re the one brandishing the toothbrush like it’s some goddamn weapon!” he said indignantly. My mouth settled into a thin line. I glared up at him before smacking him right on the forehead with the back of my toothbrush and slamming into his shoulder as I walked past.

“Oh, oh, no! Get back here! Where are you going? Get back here Avalyn!” he yelled at me, grabbing onto the back of my shirt. I growled before turning around and throwing the toothbrush at his head.