Chapter 9

I don’t like school. Do you guys like school? School sucks -_- This is for my best friend Nelly, hope this makes you smile! 

^^^^^

Finding Angels Wings. 

*Saturday

Ch9

“Stop looking at me like I’m going to freaking eat you or spontaneously combust!” I yelled out to the twins as they eyed me from across the room. Their light amber eyes held pure amazement as they looked at me their lips slightly parted. Christ, you’d swear I was some circus animal.

I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned back into the soft leather couch, closing my eyes and ignoring their stares that roamed over me. My wings were folded tightly to my back and I snuggled a bit into the armrest of the couch, leaning my head to the side. It wouldn’t kill me if I got a few seconds of sleep, just a little snooze.

We were currently and Dante’s house, don’t ask me why I followed this group it just...I don’t know, it just felt right at the moment. My mind was still reeling about what happened in the clearing, the way my cheeks heated up and how the group’s lack of reaction left me slightly disappointed. Dante’s words stuck with me, they were bouncing around in my head. Did he really mean what he said? Would he always protect me? Or is this some ruse just to get me to help them find Axel and Holden.

 I could feel myself drifting, getting lighter as the seconds went by, my mind and body slowly falling into a slumber. I was woken abruptly as the loud smashing of some sort of cutlery echoed throughout the house. My eyes opened quickly and I stood up, gliding across the room towards the sound wide awake and alert.

“How could you Dante?! How could you let him get captured?!” Dante’s mother, whom was introduced to us earlier, was standing in front of her son yelling at him. The broken plate lie scattered across the floor and from what I could tell it was aimed at Dante as it was scattered near his feet.

Dante was trying to console his mother as he gripped onto her shoulders, talking softly to her. I hid behind the doorway watching the scene unfold in front of me. I felt kind of guilty intruding on their fight, however I wanted to see what was going to happen and small part of me wanted to specifically know what was going to happen to Dante.

His mother was frantic, tears were streaming down her face as she yelled out at him, her dark brown hair was flying all over the place. Her sharp vampire black nails dug into Dante’s skin and I could see him wincing slightly from the pain.

“Mama, I’m sorry!” he croaked, I heard it right then, the vulnerability in his voice. It made him appear younger than what he was, a part of me ached to reach out and give him a hug I had to restrain that part however, I could not have such stupid thoughts. What the hell is wrong with me?!

She lifted her hand up and slapped him across the face, her nails catching him across his cheek. “You lost my only son Dante! You fucking lost him!” she shrieked.  I noticed the change in Dante’s posture, his body stiffened and his slumped shoulders went rigid and upright.

His voice was so soft, I had to strain my eyes to hear it, “You’re right. I did lose your only son. Sorry, sometimes I forget that my family is dead.” He turned around quickly then, walking out the room. His mother threw her hands over her mouth and started sobbing, reaching for Dante’s hand but he roughly pushed her away. Dante’s head turned to the side, his gaze landed on me and I felt myself freeze.

His blue eyes locked with my own, I gasped at how much pain I saw there. I unconsciously stepped forward, wanting to reach out and console him. I pulled my hand back at the last second, looking away awkwardly. Unshed tears made his eyes glassy and he turned quickly away from me exiting the house from the back door.