Chapter 12

• Ajánlott My best friend, Courtney. :)

Hey guys, hope you like this chapter. I'm trying to get a stroy going, not just mindless blabbering so this chapter was needed. Hope you guys like it. And this is dedicated to my best friend Courtz ^^ 

^^^^^^^

Chapter 12

'Saturday

'Ava

You know that feeling in your chest, that painful heart wrenching feeling? The one that makes you stop and inhale deeply to try and get rid of it? The one that eventually consumes your entire being and makes you feel emotional and like a wreck? I felt like that right now, I felt alone. I felt more alone than I have been in years.

There was something about that group, something that just made me feel- I don’t know- like I belonged? Like I was a part of something.... I have never belonged anywhere, I mean for Christ’s sake I’m the last of a dying breed. There aren’t any other angel souls out there, I mean wouldn’t I have felt it by now if there were?

Being rejected by the group was hard. Well maybe I wouldn’t call it being rejected. It was more like being dismissed, out of my own will. I felt anger well up inside of me. Are they that daft and blind that they think working with demons will solve all of their problems? Demons are known for quick fixes, shady deals and overall bullshitting. It was like a science they were amazingly good at. Now the little rebels want to take on the demons? Are they that stupid? Or are they just desperate.

My mind pondered over all of these things as I flew high above the ground. Lately I have become so slack with my hiding skills; it was not something I tended to do a lot. I couldn’t let them find me, I had to be extremely alert. Now that my secret is out things can get hectic, very fast. I flapped my wings harder, pushing my body up. My eyes scanned over the miles of green trees. The sky was a beautiful blue, I could see just at the horizon light oranges and pinks started to flourish as the sun slowly started to set leaving the blue expanse of the sky behind.

The air was damp and I could smell the smoke and pollution that clouded it. It was horrendous. I reach my arms out, feeling the cold wind wafting through the tiny hairs on my arms. I was lucky my bone density was extremely light...otherwise I wouldn’t be able to fly. Nearing my house I took a sharp nose dive, straight for the area I knew my room would be. I quickly tucked my wings close to my body before darting straight through the wood, a loud whoosh behind me as I opened my wings and landed softly on my wooden flooring. I loved being able to glide through objects.

I flexed my fingers, watching the blue sparks emanate from them. My anger was no longer so rash and wild, it was rather simmering and deadly. You don’t want an angel to have controlled anger. As weird as it sounds, you can have controlled anger and wild anger. Sure, wild anger is common, it is what makes anger it’s emotion. Anger is an impulse that creates strong and dangerous emotions now take that anger and harness it and what do you have? A level headed person with the drive to cause some serious damage.

I stretched my hands out in front of me, walking towards my closest I opened it, coughing as the dust and woodsy smell hit my over sensitive senses straight on. Wafting my hand in front of my face I grabbed a pair of shorts and a tank top, retrieving a towel and some undergarments I went to go and take a shower. Yes, I had a shower, geez I wasn’t barbaric. The earlier conversation I had with the group and especially with Dante was pushed to the back of my mind, however the thought of Dante kept on pestering me.

I climbed into the warm shower, grateful for the warm spurt from the shower head. I scrubbed away all of the dirt and grime I had accumulated over the past hours. I couldn’t get the look of his eyes out of my head. His eyes, those intimidating blue irises...did he really want me gone? I mean, just before that whole fight he couldn’t get enough of me. I traced my fingers over my neck and my eyes widened slightly. The marks were gone. The thought alone should have brightened my day...but why do I feel so disappointed?