Chapter 8

Enjoy, sorry for the long wait! Thank you for reading :) 

^^^^^

Ch 8

*Saturday

Ava'

My muscles screamed in pain as I lifted carried Seth over to the clearing that I had discovered, I put him down right next to Morgan. As soon as I dropped him I collapsed down to the floor in exhaustion, my head resting on the forest ground, the twigs and leaves poking my half charred clothed body.

I had rescued what little people that I could, grabbing them and dragging them to the clearing. Lucky for the others they weren’t as close to the bomb as Dante was, it had hit him full force but he was slowly healing now I just had to try and find a water source and tend to his burn wounds. I had managed to save Seth, Morgan, a fairy boy, another werewolf and twin sisters. I was angry though angry at what happened today and angry at this little group for doing what they did.

I was fuming mad though as I saw Axel and Holden and the few others get taken by the special forces. I don’t even want to think about what they would do to Holden, I just knew something bad was going to happen. I’ll be damned though if I let someone fall into the same fate I did, no one had to suffer like I did. No one, I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone.

*“Please, please get that away from me!” I screamed out loudly against the silent room. I looked around frantically, my eyes darting between the men in their bloodied white coats and the others behind the glass screen. It was sickening. They were experimenting with me. They were testing my limits. It didn’t help as I saw another one of my kind just get chopped up right in front of my eyes, it would forever be imprinted in my mind as I heard his loud agonising screams as he begged for mercy from these men. They were the enforcers; the others behind the glass screen were the science geeks.

I was flat on my stomach, I had on nothing and the cold metal of the examining table seeped into my bones making me shiver. Straps were tied tightly around my back, thighs and calves and my hands were splayed out in front of me connected to more straps along with my feet. I was trapped. The room was dark, dank and reeked of angel blood. They were punishing me I knew they were, that’s why they left the dead man in the room; his wings now on display as they held it up on string just to torment me. I cried silently, the tears streaming down my face the cold air wafting over me drying them to my cheeks. This place was freezing, the atmosphere was tense almost choking me as I flapped my wings uselessly.

The knife came closer to my wings and another man came around to pin them down as I flapped them wildly.

“Don’t touch them!” I shrieked hysterically as the man teasingly ran the cold, sharp blade against my feathers. I flinched, feeling the knife as it moved across my wings.

“Please, please stop!” I begged, my eyes filling up with tears. He smiled sadistically at me as he gripped one of my feathers in his fingers and held it out and cut straight through it, pulling at the roots. My scream was loud and painful as it ricocheted throughout the room reverberating through my body. The man didn’t stopped there as he hacked away viciously, laughing as my screams continued. It was an endless cry for mercy.*

I shook my head getting rid of those thoughts as I made a makeshift bowl, I had found a stream of water and now I hurried over to Dante and the rest my wings pushing strongly my hand shaking slightly from the memories. I dropped down in front of Dante. Not caring in the slightest if they saw my wings. I had a connection to them now, it happens when you save someone from a life or death situation. I could see Dante’s burn wounds clearly as I gripped the material near the wound and ripped it open further grabbing the water and gently easing it onto the worst of the wound.