[1] ▷ the park

SHE had somehow found her way into a crowded group of people, adults and children of all sizes and races conversing amongst themselves or running around, playing games. Artemis, as she now tended to call herself, found that watching them was not very ravishing, nor was it relaxing. Their laughter reminded her of a distant happiness that she couldn't grasp, and it angered her.

The people also gave her wary glances, just like they had when she was cold, walking down the sidewalk. Artemis had taken the man that she murdered's coat, glad that only small speckles of his blood splattered on it and didn't cover it in full, so she was no longer freezing, but even though she felt different, she was still cold on the inside.

No jacket could heal that type of coldness, no blanket, no type of love ever could. She was hopeless, locked in her own mind to wander around in a body that didn't even feel like it was her own.

She felt as if the monster inside had been let free, and he was wearing her skin now. It was like everything inside of her was nothing, she felt nothing, so she let her monster be something.

Perhaps her monster was always her, that he just waited for the perfect time to be himself. She did like his wicked ways, she liked them a lot.

As her mind wandered off into her dark thoughts, a small girl approached Artemis at a slow pace, acting as if she were a bomb that would go off if she poked her with the stick too hard, and indeed she was. Artemis was unsteady, so far off her rocker that all she saw was the color red. And when this little girl poked her on her shoulder, she blew off like the atomic bomb she was.

The surroundings glowed with a dark red aura as everyone lie dead on the ground, slumped from their once standing, or sitting, places on the cold, hard ground. Artemis' eyes slumped uninterested as she looked to everyone around her, the people that were no longer breathing because of her. Her eyes then fell to the small girl, balled up at her feet, no longer breathing, because of her.

At this, Artemis stood from the bench she was sitting on and walked away, as if she felt so remorse towards what she had just done. And perhaps, maybe she didn't.

☆★☆

"BREAKING NEWS; A mass murder broke out in Big Bush Park at lunch time today. Locals who witnessed say that they saw a red aura amongst the trees. Has the Scarlet Witch, also known as Wanda Maximoff, wreaked havoc on human society once more? Or was it someone new that we need to worry about? This is Cindy Hall with Channel 9, watching out for you and your families. Back to you, Paul-"

Bucky hit the Off button on the remote before he or any of the people in the room could hear anymore. Bucky's eyes were wide with shock as everyone stared at the now black screen on the small television.

He knew this was her, there was no other explanation as to who was doing it.

He leaned over, placing his elbows on his knees as he put his face in his hands. He shook his head, cursing under his breath just as he had the many times before. "If I could have gotten there earlier I could have-" "You wouldn't have been able to stop her, Bucky. None of us could." Steve tolerated, causing Bucky's eyes to soften, to shatter into a million pieces like a mirror would as someone slammed their fist into it.

Bucky immediately stood to his feet as the rest of the people in the room looked up at him, Wanda catching his eye as he saw a glinting tear roll down her cheeks. "Wanda, we're going to clear this bullcrap up. Don't you worry, kiddo." Clint reassured, but she just shook him off, standing to her feet and retreating to her room.

Bucky watched with sad eyes as he looked to everyone else expectantly. "Well, are we gonna go and find her ass before she causes more drama or are we just gonna sit here and let it happen?" Bucky sassed, his eyebrows high into his hairline with great expectancy. The room stood to their feet and gave nods, with the exception of Wanda and Clint. "I'll go and check on Wanda, but we'll catch up. You kids go have some fun."

"You can't call us kids because you're technically not the oldest person in the room."

"Shut it, Lang. Let's get moving."

778 words
_____________

I feel like I let you guys down on this chapter :/ I'm sorry

Thanks for reading, though!

Much luv,
~KatXoXo