[4] ▷ hellwell

"SO, where are you taking me?" Brexa asked as she shoved her hands in her pockets, her light brown hair falling into her eyes as she did so

"SO, where are you taking me?" Brexa asked as she shoved her hands in her pockets, her light brown hair falling into her eyes as she did so. Artemis shrugged from beside her. "I'm taking you to somewhere we can talk and no one will figure out where we're hiding." Artemis inquired as she mimicked Brexa by putting her hands in her coat pockets as well. Brexa stopped as she looked Artemis up and down quizzically.

"Are you taking me to your meth lab? Please don't take me to your meth lab, I'm an innocent creature and I don't-" "-Don't you know how to shut up?-" "-deserve to be shown such sinful things." Artemis threw her head back with a groan. "Now I know why everyone used to hate me so much," She muttered, causing Brexa to raise her eyebrows.

The two looked at each other for a while before Artemis jumped at Brexa in a threatening manner and Brexa jumped back playfully before they began walking again. By the time they reached Artemis' apartment, Brexa had given her a month long report of how drugs were bad for her and she shouldn't be doing them. Artemis just listened and tried not to slit her throat. "Drugs are so bad, man. My uncle was the worst with them. Long story short he was totally out of it half the time. Plus he looked like shit. Pretty much exactly like you."

As they entered the small apartment, Artemis sighed and began shaking off her coat. Brexa followed pursuit and walked over to the broken couch, flopping down onto it as Artemis eyed her with annoyance. "What do you want my help with?" Brexa asked almost exasperatedly. Artemis sighed in response and took a seat on the wooden chair directly across from the light brunette.

"You worked for Hydra for eight years, Brexa. I'm looking for something that I can't find, and that's why I came to you." Artemis pointed a skinny finger towards Brexa and she slightly rolled her eyes. "I'm surprised you don't know who I am-" "-Oh, I knew who you were all along." Brexa said with a small smile, sitting up and placing her elbows on her knees.

Artemis raised an eyebrow. "Then why were you acting so careless if you knew who I was?" "Because I'm not afraid to square up." Brexa said simply with a shrug before standing to her feet. "Do you have anything to drink? I'm thirsty as hell." Brexa asked out of the blue, and Artemis sighed, taking a stand from her chair.

"If I get you something to drink will you talk?" "I'll think about it." "Fine. Water or Jack Daniels?" "I work at a bar. What do you think I want to drink?" "So, Jack Daniels?" "No! Water, you dumbass." Artemis sucked on the inside of her cheek angrily as she quietly grabbed a glass cup and filled it with water from the squeaky faucet. She then reached into the dirty refrigerator and grabbed the bottle of Jack Daniels for herself, kicking it closed with her foot as she began walking towards the girl lounging comfortably on the couch.

Artemis rolled her eyes when she saw her feet lying up on the coffee table. Brexa took the cup of water and took a swig, looking at Artemis with raised eyebrows as she threw her head back and took a long, burning swig.

"I'm surprised you aren't drunk yet," Brexa inquired with a smirk. Artemis shrugged and smiled slightly back at her. "I was born with a genetic enhancement that progressed through three generations. Sadly enough, I can't get drunk." Artemis said with pursed her lips, shaking the bottle slightly before taking another swig. Seeing this sent sadness into Brexa's eyes.

"That sucks." She said and Artemis smiled. "I know right? It sucks total monkey ass." She said now screwing the cap back onto the bottle and sitting it aside. "But back to what you're truly here for," Artemis said, sitting up towards Brexa. "You see, Brexa. I've been through some shit. I've died and come back, losing all my memories of everything. From what I've gathered over the Internet, I found out that The Red Skull is my grandfather, Sin Schmidt is my mother, I was a great asset to Hydra. And well, you were the first Hydra associate file that I pulled up and saw you were close." Now, Artemis was on her feet and pacing around the room.

"So I took off for Cruzky's Bar and you were there, just being you. I read your file. You and I, we have things in common. The old me is just like you are right now. Sarcastic, funny, annoying. I need you, Brexa, to help me figure out who I truly am again. I'm lost as fuck right now." Artemis finished, and Brexa nodded slightly.

"Okay," Was simply all she said, and Artemis' eyebrows raised in somewhat excitement. "Does that mean you'll help me?" "I guess I will. I don't do things without payment anymore, but I guess this is an exception." Brexa said with a small smile. Artemis slightly smiled back at her gratefully. "Thank you."

Brexa nodded in response as she took a sip of her lukewarm water. There was a short pause before Artemis said, "You can leave now. We can meet up at Cruzky's tomorrow morning." Brexa sheepishly looked down, her shoulders slumping.

"You see, Arty. I don't really have anywhere to say." She muttered, and Artemis stared at her blankly.

"No. No, you're not staying here." "Please?" "No!" "I promise I'll behave."

There was a short pause.

"Fine, but you're sleeping on the couch."

948 words

+
a/n: sorry this chapter was so short, it was sort of a filler as well, but yeah.

Brexa is such a bean though. She's also based off of my best friend Bree ( brekachu ) who is totally obsessed with this series but she just doesn't want to admit it.

Anywho, thank all of you for reading!!! I hope you like how it's turning out so far!

Much luv to you all,
~KatXoXo