[10] ▷ reaper

"I'M so tired of waiting," The red head muttered, her breathing heavy and unsteady as she glanced back at the two men she was set to work alongside

"I'M so tired of waiting," The red head muttered, her breathing heavy and unsteady as she glanced back at the two men she was set to work alongside. Jaxson, which was the tall, wide-shouldered one, looked back at her with his arms crossed. "You know that The Damsel wouldn't like that you disobeyed her orders, especially since you're her favorite." He spoke, and the other one, also known as Card Trick, shook his head with a maniacal laugh. "Yeah, Terminus, you don't want to screw that up, don't ya? Don't ya?"

Terminus was quick to give a shroud yell, causing Card Trick to jump back, his frantic speaking coming to a halt as he now stepped back and hung his head like a lost puppy. "I'm sorry, Terminus. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He repeated, his shoulders shaking in sheer fear as the woman, who in his mind was consumed of red from her dark aura, stood over him with the darkest of eyes he had ever seen.

"Shut the fuck up, you filthy cur." She seethed in his face, and at that, he scurried off. Jaxson watched with a face of steel, his emotions not showing through, but his gray eyes watching the red head as she smirked in triumph due to the man scurrying off.

"Let off on the man, will ya? You know he's troubled, just like you and me. There's no need to be a bitch-" "Excuse me? There's no need for you to be talking to your superior like that. I could have your head severed from your body-" "I'm an indestructible man, A. Plus, I don't think you could live without me." He said with a short smirk, and the red head scoffed.

"Like I need a man to get by with my life," She muttered under her breath as she walked away from him, and he slightly smiled. "Fine, you win." He said jokingly as he slowly followed behind her, his foot nearly stepping onto the long black train of her dress.

Suddenly, the door to the apartment was flung open, and a man of Jaxson's height fell through the doorway, heaving for air as Terminus and Jaxson looked at him expectantly. "What's your deal, Nev?" Jaxson asked the large eyed man, who was still heaving for air.

After a couple of seconds, the skinny man finally looked up at the two, taking his large goggles off his head and holding them in his hand. "Sin and Angel X are in the area." He said, then gave another gasp for air. "I saw them about 2 blocks down the road, that's why I ran so fast here." Nev said, and the two shared a look.

"Go grab Card Trick and follow my lead. We need to get them separated and then strike. No, better yet, we take one and make the other walk right in. That's the kind of game I like to play." Terminus said with a smirk as she turned towards Nev who was still leaning on the door frame. "How do you know that will happen? That one would go back for the other?" Jaxson asked as he followed closely behind Terminus. "Because Artemis Schmidt has a heart of gold, lover-boy."

***

BREXA and Artemis walked side by side down the sidewalk, Artemis' eyes watching everyone she passed intensely as Brexa only laughed. "Chill out, Arty. It's not like anyone can just snatch you up. You've got me and I've got you, there's nothing to worry about." Brexa reassured, and Artemis only cut her eyes up at her friend. "I'm not too sure that we're entirely safe, Brex."