Best Friends

Natsu's P.O.V

"Hey Luce, you gonna tell mister strips in public how we know each other?" I asked her. She looked puzzled. I pointed over to Gray behind me.

"I DONT STRIP" he defended.

"Oh yeah? Where are your clothes?" Lucy retorted. I snorted. She hasn't changed a bit. Gray looked down.

"Gah! Where did my clothes go?" He started looking everywhere. I threw Gray a plain t-shirt. He grunted a thanks.

"We keep getting off track. Do you want to know how Natsu and I know each other or not?" Lucy asked. Is that a hint of sass I hear? Just the same girl I knew when we were teens.

"Yeah! Tell meee" Gray whined.

"Fine"

~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~
"Daddy I don't want you to go to Uncle Igneels house. I want you stay with me and mommy" 5 year old Lucy whined.

"Well how about I have uncle Igneel and his son come here so you can play with him, alright?" Her father said.

"Okay daddy" Lucy smiled.
"Mommy! I got daddy to stay! He's not going to uncle Igneels house anymore!" Lucy ran to her mother and hugged her legs.

"Jude? Are you not working with Igneel?" Layla asked, concerned.
"No, I'm still working out a deal with him, but instead of me going there, he and his son are coming here." Jude explained.

"Oh. Why is he bringing his son?" Layla asked, less concerned.

"So Lucy can have someone to play with while we make our deal." Jude answered. When the Dragneel's arrived, Lucy was playing in the gardens outside the mansion.

"Natsu, why don't you go find Lucy in the gardens?" Jude suggested.

"Who's Lucy?" The 6 year old boy asked.

"She's my daughter. She looks just like me so I don't think you'll have any trouble finding her." Layla answered, smiling down on the boy.

"Okay. LUCY IM GONNA FIND YOU!" Natsu shouted, as if they were playing hide-and-go-seek. Layla heard a little giggle from behind the rose bush. Apparently Natsu heard it too, as for not long after, Layla heard a shriek from Lucy. Then she heard Lucy laughing. Natsu and Lucy played in the gardens until Igneel said it was time to go. Natsu didn't want to leave, and Lucy didn't want him to leave either. But then Layla promised a play date between the two on a later date.

~~~~~~~flashback over~~~~~~~

"And that's how me and Natsu met" Lucy concluded. She left something out. I decided to ignore that.

"You called my dad 'uncle Igneel'?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Hey! I was 5 and my-Jude called him that" she defended. Why did she call her father Jude? I looked at her with a concerned face. She read my expression and shook her head.

"Wow. I didn't realise your father and flame brains old man are business partners" Gray said.

"Were" Lucy and I corrected. None of us ever forgave him for doing that. My mother became a wealthy businesswoman at an early age. My father, not liking the fact that his wife brought in all the money, decided to cheat his way to the top.

"Oh" was all Gray could say. Lucy looked down.

"Wait, what's your fathers name?" Gray finally asked, breaking the silence.

"Jude" Lucy and I, again, said.

"Why would you call your father by his first name?" He asked. Stop asking Gray you won't get the answers you want.

"Because he hasn't been much of a father lately" I'm sorry, did I just hear that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Konbanwa minna!
What do you think of the story so far? I'm having so much fun writing it. I do apologise for the bad writing skills. I'm a fairly new fanfiction writer. But anyways, please comment some ideas for future updates/books!
Arigato minna!
~officiallyafan