Chapter 7, Getting over him

After the sights I saw, I was crying non-stop for days. I couldn't bare to tell my parents about any of it. I just sat on my bed weeping. My parents (being patronising) soon became very worried about my health. They would ask me what was wrong and I would lie and tell them that it was nothing, and it hurt. The vision of Flynn kissing that girl, broke my heart. I got to such a stage that I refused to eat, which probably didn't help at all, thinking about it now. I was getting thinner and thinner. I soon felt that urge for blood and just ignored it. I loved him. I didn't love him anymore.

One night of me quietly sobbing in my room, my mum came into my room, I didn't notice. She had left me biscuits and warm milk, hoping that I would drink it and stop scaring her with my depression. I just stared at the treats; unable to eat them. They looked delicious. I always remembered Mum's cookies, she cooked them when I was about five and I had eaten some of them, whilst she wasn't watching. When she noticed that some of the cookies were missing, she instantly knew it was me; instead of being angry, she laughed, ruffled my curly hair and said something along the lines of: "You rascal! You must be as hungry as a pumpkin if you can eat half the batch!" She laughed and gave me two more of her tasty treats. These were the good times; I smiled at the first 'good' memory I have had in a long time. I was just about to take a cookie, when I heard a knock at the window and an intruder climb in. It was Flynn, I knew it was without even looking at that cheating son of a bitch.

"Poppy." He cried, he sounded like he was hurt inside. I still didn't face him.

"Leave me alone, Flynn." I whispered, harshly.

"Please, just let me speak to you." He begged, I could hear the sadness in his voice. I turned round to face him. He appeared older, he had tears falling down his pale face.

"What do you want?" I spoke, even harsher then how I said it last time. I didn't know why he was putting me through this.

"Look, It was a mistake. I wasn't myself. I still love you." He was shaking from his crying and I realized that he had been in a similar or even worse state then me. A part of me wanted to hug him and tell him that everything will be fine and I still loved him, he just seemed so pathetic thinking of it now. The other part wanted to throw him out the window. I chose neither and just said:

"You don't." I was now sobbing again. He sat down next to me on the bed. He wrapped his arms around me.

My heart was being lightly tugged in the way you would only feel when you were with someone you really loved.

"I do." He murmured in my ear. I felt butterflies on my stomach. I omitted the feeling. I looked at him and said:

"You don't because if you truly loved me, you wouldn't have kissed her!" I couldn't stand to look at him. "Flynn, just go, what I felt for you is gone." I said, sternly. I hated him, now. I gave him 3 chances and he blew all of them! Why couldn't he just go with his little girlfriend and leave me alone?! Flynn went to the window.

"You'll see, it will not be long before you will realize that we need each other. Goodbye for now 'Little Fox'. He was gone.

This made everything a whole lot worse. My parents became more worried about me, so they took me to a psychotherapist. For some reason, I told her my troubles. Not the whole supernatural vampire stuff, but Fłÿńñ.

"I am really upset; I had a boyfriend. When we were together, I loved him, even though he could be a bit controlling at times. I saw him with another girl and everything went downhill from there. He told me that 'you will see how much we need each other' and now I'm really stressed." I answered when she asked me how I was feeling. She told me to stay away from him and that he was a very obsessive and controlling person that a 'strong, confident young lady like me, doesn't need in her life.' For an odd reason, this really helped. I became more optimistic and less depressive. I went to several of these sessions before I was almost completely over him. I still felt the romantic tug my heart made when ever I thought of him but I wasn't feeling that depression-like paranoia anymore. My parents were satisfied and contempt that I was back to the 'old' me. I was too. Oh yeah, my bloodlust. If Mr and Mrs Tanner ask you where their cat is, tell them it just ran away, please? They soon agreed to let me go to university to obtain a degree in law. I had done my 'A levels' two years early at my old school. I thought I was going straight to university but no, even though I had got straight As' for everything (except for art). I remember how very stressful it was. Well, what were you expecting me to be totally fine with all those tests and my teachers and parents telling me: "If I do not have the necessary degrees, I will work at McDonalds' flipping burgers for the rest of my life." Well, I had to do an extra year before I went to university (or college). After that whole fiasco with Flynn, I was going to have a shock when I was back in learning conditions.

When the first day of college arrived, I was delighted to see that some of my friends from my old school were there: Scarlett, Hannah, Toby, Jordan; Paige. My other friends had died (God rest their souls) in the fire or weren't smart enough. On the first day, I was talking to my old friends. They were surprised to see me.

"Poppy! We thought you were dead! After the fire, why didn't you call us?" Hannah cried, she wrapped her arms around me.

"I know, I'm sorry." I replied. Before I knew it, we were all in a group hug before we started to talk.

"So Pops, is that a hickey or a bruise on your neck?" Toby enquired.

"Shut-up, Tobias!" He scowled, I knew Toby hated it when I called him that. He flipped back his brown hair and sighed. I felt my neck, that wasn't there yesterday. Flynn, he must of been at me last night, while I was asleep.

"Don't mind Toby, he's a pervert." Scarlett assured.

"Hey!" Toby returned, obviously insulted. I laughed. Same old Tobias.

"So, what happened to you we were not here, Poppy?" Paige enquired, inquisitively.

Well, for starters I am a vampire, I've been in hospital twice, I had a mental breakdown at the hospital because I thought everyone I loved was dead, I'm still a bit scared Flynn will come around and hurt me or something and not forgetting the area in which I lived was burned to the ground.

"Not much." I lied, and they all knew it.

"I went to Latin America for the holls." Jordan said, trying to ease the awkwardness of me lying and everyone knowing it. The bell rung. Phew, saved by the bell! We walked as a group into a lecture theatre. It was about biology and I was falling asleep near the end. Jesus, it was boring! At the end, we all left and went home.

I was walking home, no one else was near. There was a thick mist on the floor and everywhere was grey and lifeless. I began to smell a familiar stench, Ralph Lauren Big Pony no. 4 with a hint of hair gel, cologne and fresh cotton. That would be Jordan. He smelt like that all day. I looked to my left. I jumped. He wasn't there a few moments before.

"Heyy Beautiful!" He smiled.

"Flirt." I replied, smirking.

"I just came to say, I want you to have this, you know as a little welcome back present." He handed me a small box. I opened it. An iPhone 5S. I looked up to thank him. He was no longer there. Oh. After calling his name I guess he had just vanished. I put the iPhone box into my coat pocket and zipped it up. I continued walking, feeling happy. I was nearing my house before I was pulled back and plunged into darkness.