Chapter 5, Transformation

(Play the YouTube clip for backing music)

This is what I remembered after Flynn bit me:

When I woke up, I was in a very dark room. The room was small and I was laying on a purple, velvet bed. I jerked, my neck ached like hell. I touched it and felt a large bump on the side of my neck. I winced, it was swollen and bruised. I felt my eyes water as I remembered what happened to me. What that thing had done. I thought I loved him, I must of been mistaken. Darkness filled my broken heart. What I felt for him was phenomenal, extraordinary. A part of me wanted to forgive him, the other wanted to kill him. A single tear fell down my cheek as I thought of the word, it stung and I winced again. I was alone in the room. I realized what I was wearing. I black, laced ballerina dress with matching shoes. I stood up. My mouth hurt.  I touched my teeth and my fingers start to bleed My head was thumping, that couldn't be good. What was wrong with me?

I opened the door to find a long corridor. There was a door at the end. I walked down the dark corridor that was black as night and ice cold as I walked through. I opened the door to the same room I was in at the start. t couldn't o been a circle. I had been going in a straight line to the door. Something wasn't right. I tried this several times just to get the same result. I grunted with exasperation and sat on the bed. Someone had walked over my grave. I shivered, I felt warm breath down my and gasped in shock. Was I imagining it? I must of been because the breathing stopped after I calmed down a bit. 'You needed to get out of here!' My brain told me. I knew that. Pah!

"You know you can't escape from me!" I heard a voice whisper in my ear. I jumped, was he here the entire time? It was him. I tuned round and looked at him in disgust.

"What do you want from me, Flynn?" I whispered back in fright. I tried to sound confident.

"Ahh, you see Little Fox, I want you!" He bent down and pressed his lips against mine. I kissed him back, what was I doing? I didn't know what I was doing. I soon found myself sprawled on the bed, my red hair cascading all over the pillows. My sanity returned and I realized what I was about to do, I sat up. I stared right into his abnormal eyes. There were millions of questions bugging me, so I asked the most important one.

"What am I?" I asked, my eyes were filling with tears. I wanted to go home. wanted to see my parents again but knew it was impossible. They had perished in the fire that destroyed our area in Sacramento. I needed to know what I was because, I wasn't human, I know it.

"You're a-- vampire." He breathed. He said it so strangely. I couldn't believe this. I remembered those fangs in my neck and knew he was telling the truth.

"So I-I-I'm dead?" I shuddered at the thought of being undead. I had read the books about vampires. How they rose up from their graves and were like leeches until slayers put the out o the vampires' misery. I used to love those stories.

"No, that is a myth. It is a refractory, contagious disease that renews your body every six or so months using 40% of your blood . You're blessed with agelessness , but you have to turn sanguine or the disease will become fatal and kill you. It effects your skin, hair and eyes. This vampirism also affects your brain, the effect is usually in the prefrontal cortex  it usually strengthens your in ambitions and damages your conscience. Some people may refer to it as insanity." He said, he chuckled as he leaned on me. I smiled uncontrollably. He had basically said I had to suck blood to survive, I revamp myself twice a year, I looked strange and I will turn crazy.

 Luckily for me, I was into science especially biology. This wasn't a categorized disease I had ever heard of. I picked up a hand mirror  lying around to see what I looked like. I dropped the mirror as soon as I saw the reflection that was mirrored. My hair was even more ginger the it was before, my eyes had transformed from a hazel to a very pale blue, I had no remaining pigment in my skin leaving it completely white. Like Flynn, I had dark veins running all over my face, like spilled ink on paper. I could classify my appearance as Oculocutaneous albinism. No more tanning for me. So now I had to kill people to survive and looked like someone possessed by Satan (with the veins a red hair). I slapped Flynn across his smug little face. He swore as he held his cheek in his hands.

"What the hell Poppy!?" He growled. He was really angry. I had hurt him after all but he did deserve it.

"Why me you sick FREAK! Why would you do this to me?" I cried, I was actually angrier then him. I was supposed to be passive. Ha!

" I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF!" He screamed before he retreated to quiet sobs. "I'm sorry, I've already gone mad." His long, dark,  Emo hair swept over his pale face, I could see he couldn't control the evil within. He was so pathetic thinking of him now but my stupid, naïve self comforted him by wrapping my arm around him and forgiving him. He soon piped down. I talked to him and he responded. I soon found out where I was and what being a vampire was like. He appeared to be so benevolent, caring and overall a very good young man. I found out that this impression was entirely wrong though. I remembered his lips twitching ever so slightly as he spoke to me.

After a while, he decided to take me out. He led me of the room. The doors worked for him! We had been in an old church. I walked down the street. Moonlight lit the dark, cloudy sky. I had adapted to the darkness and could see everything clearer after being in that dark room for such a long time. He led me to a house. He told me that he had become infected in the highest room, about a year ago. The vampires that sired him had told him all about the disease. Flynn said that he had kept his secret hidden until thugs had tried to kill him. The thugs had sent the letter and he had to go. A normal person would have died but he revamped himself causing his lusting for blood out of control. I was taken aback by his story of his life.

"So Little Fox, tell me of your back-story." He pondered, he was curious about me. I told him of how I go bullied at school because of the colour of my hair by a bunch of racist popular girls. How I came to move here. I reluctantly moved on to the fire that destroyed my life. I was crying into his chest when I was finished. He said I was very brave and hugged me. He told he how beautiful I was,  believed him. I loved him and at this point and no one in the world mattered to me more then him. As the moonlight shone on his beautiful face, I kissed him, passionately. I thought the sweet, beautiful thought that  I was now like him, Perfect.