The Confession

(Don't play yet)

I fell asleep and I kept hearing whispering. I opened an eye slightly and a guard was talking to my father about something I couldn't make out. After they left I opened both eyes and sat up. It was mid day and everything was peaceful. I read a book and I heard someone playing the guitar and sing.

(Play music)

"Faster car," I mumbled. I swam to the royal music room and it was Sebastien. I hid in the shadows which was a trick Damian taught me. Sebastien remembered my favorite song he sang to me back when we were younger. He was always shy to show his talent of singing and playing the guitar.

(Flashback)

I caught him once singing and playing the guitar. He was giving me offerings to keep quiet. I kept shaking my head. "Then what will it take for you to keep this a secret?" He said desperately. "I want you to finish the song." I said smiling. "W-what I don't know how to play." He said nervously. "OK then, i'll be on my way to tell people what I heard." I said swimming slowly. (I am such a jerk) "F-fine, b-but if I mess up...p-promise you won't laugh." he looked worried. I looked at him sympathetically "I promise, & I won't tell a soul." I smiled.He started to sing and I joined him.

(Restart the song.
Lyrics)

I've been feeling so small,
Watch the clock ticking off the wall,
But tonight I'm letting go,
Spend my coin for sure,

I'm gonna be myself, or I can be someone else,
No one stopping me now,
I'm gonna skip my breaks,
I'm gonna make mistakes,
I just wanna feel alive,

It just what I do when i'm out so,

Try not to hold me down hold me down,
Feel alive when in this town,
Look at these beautiful stars,
I wanna drive a faster car,
Nothing can break me,
No, no, nothing can break me,
Try not to hold me down,
Feel alive when i'm in this town
Look at these beautiful stars,
I wanna take a trip to Mars,
Nothing can break me,
No, no nothing can break me

Oh~ oo Oh~ oo Oh~ oo

Look at these beautiful stars,
I wanna drive a faster car

We suddenly stopped because the guard needed both of us in the throne room. I nodded and he asked "Why do they need a regular mermaid to the throne room?" " Oh,how rude of me I didn't introduce myself. I don't like being fancy, but i'm princesses Roselight a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Prince Sebastien." I bowed to him. "P-princesses R-roselight, I-I'm terribly sorry I didn't mean to treat you like I do the other mermaids. P-please don't hurt me" He bowed and closed his eyes ready to get slapped. I lifted his chin and said with a smile "Fallow me."
I swam to the balcony where the view of the kingdom showed."I treat people like if they're part of my family. I don't treat them any different. They might not be royal." I turned to him "But they are still my people and I care about them." I smiled.
He nodded and understood my message.

(Sebastien's POV)

Roselight has a huge heart, she doesn't care about what people look like or who they are, to her they're like family. She doesn't treat people any different. I should do the same as well. I instantly fell for her and I didn't know how to explain it. We became best friends after that day.
Mermaids would pop out of nowhere and surround me. I treated them like Roselight told me and I would notice her swim away smirking at me and smile. I would shake my head and continue to talk to the mermaids after that I would always find Roselight in the balcony or in the royal library.
Believe it or not she has finished reading all the books in the library and remembered them as well. I was amazed she was telling me one of her favorite books when I got lost in her purple eyes, her voice and beauty.

(End of flashback Roselight's POV)

I stood in the shadows listening to Sebastien. When he finished I was about to clap, When I heard someone else.*Clap clap clap clap*" Love the song Sebastien."A high squeaky voice said. I immediately new who it was, Laura. She was a popular girl in town. She had bright orange hair, Pale skin and an orangish pink tail. She always hated me. I asked her once why she hated me but she would always flip her hair and swim away.
I was about to leave when they started to kiss. I felt my heart break, tears stated to roll down my face. I snuck out and went to the Purple coral forest. It was my favorite place to relax. I would sometimes help parents who had trouble taking care of their kids. I haven't told anyone about this place. When I arrived, Jacob was playing with the kids there.

(Sebastien's POV)

When i finished playing I heard clapping, I was expecting it to be Roselight, but it was Laura. She got close and kissed me. My eyes were open wide. I saw Roselight come out of the shadows with tears rolling down her face. I then knew I had lost my chances with her.

(Back to Roselight's POV)

I stood next to a thick purple coral observing him and the kids. I smiled and laughed when Jacob was on the ground with the kids on top of him. I came out and said "Kids don't be mean to the poor man, Come on you know what we do to new people."I smiled and winked at the kids. They smile and gave Jacob a big group hug. The parents called them and I gave them all a hug and kiss. They waved goodbye and I did the same. Jacob waved as well and he turned to me. I turned to him and smiled.
He touched my cheek and I instantly blushed. "Heh, you know, your cute when you blush." He said with a smile. "Heh, thanks Jacob I-" I got interrupted by him. "Roselight I know I've only known you for a couple of weeks, but I have love feelings for you, I know you might not-" I kissed his cheek and said "I have started to have feelings for you as well, but..." Tears start to roll down my face. "I'm scared you'll reject me." He kissed me and it lasted a while. " Now that you know how I feel, you don't need to hide it anymore." I hugged him and said "Thank you." He pulled me into another kiss.