Finding part of my powers

I woke up in Damian's arms. I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep, he woke up and saw me in his arms and thought to himself ,"She is cute when she is asleep."Wait did i just read Damian's mind? Wow cool, but disturbing. I moved a little and he hugged me which made me blush. "I'll be back." he whispered in my ear.He got up and disappeared in the woods. I got up slowly and I realized I was hugging the puppy but I wasn't hurting her with part of my weight over. She was just there comfortable from my warmth. I heard a voice in my head "Touch the water and you will find part if you memories and powers." I got up and touched the water and I became a mermaid. I had a long and purple glowing (glowing some how) tail, my hair turned from brown to purple,and I had a tiara like head band with a purplish bluish jem. I went in the water as soon as I heard Damian come. I there where some branches slouching down in the water I hid behind and Damian was looking for me. I was scared he wouldn't like me anymore.

(Flashback)

In the beach Roselight was watching the humans when a little human boy saw her and came behind her.
Human boy) Hey there do you want to become friends?
(Little mermaid Roselight) Sure I'll be friends with you.
(???) You are not going to be friends with no human Roselight!
(Little mermaid Roselight) D-daddy don't hurt him please, he's nice he isn't bad.
Her father kills her friend in front of her and her father sends her back home crying.

(End of flashback)

I don't want him to die. I turned around and see the little puppy staring at me sympathetically. Damian appeared next the puppy ,then saw Me shed a tear and also saw that I has a mermaid tail. I stared at him. I slowly backed away, but Damian took his jacket and pants off and jumps in and hugs me and said,"I don't care what you are I will still protect you until the end." I hugged him back and said,"You promise." tears start roll down my face."I promise." he said. I turned back to normal but I was in a bikini and I wrapped my legs around his waist still hugging him.

(Damian's POV)

When I first saw her again ,she was swimming in a waterfall near her cottage. I wanted to protect her since I promised her mother before she vanished. As soon as I saw her again in years, I knew she was worth protecting. She was smart, strong, beautiful, caring, Courageous,brave and mostly kind. I have been watching her back in the shadows, but now she needs me more than ever. She was afraid the same thing might happen to me when her father killed her human friend. The sad thing is that she doesn't remember me, her best friend... Her magic best friend. When I felt her legs wrap around my waist, it reminded me of when we first met. I was practicing in the royal training area when I saw her defeat one of her guards. She then challenged me when I pinned her she wrapped her legs around me.That same feeling can back but then she flipped me , pinned me and said with a smile,"I win." I felt her hug me tight and I whispered "I will always be hear when you need me." I wiped her tears away. She kissed my cheek and said "heh I know you are" and gave me another hug.

(Roselight's POV)

We got out of the water and I feel asleep in his arms. He was so warm, While sleeping I had a flashback from my past again.

(Flashback)

Roselight was done beating one of her guards in a fight."Hey you, Damian was it, I challenge you in a fight." I said. He nodded and came over.We fought and he pinned me down , and I thought of a little trick. I wrapped my legs around his waist. He seemed surprised when I did that "A distraction" I thought. I flipped him over and pinned him. My legs were still around his waist. I said with a smile "I win."

(End of flashback)

I woke up and Damian was next to me I had his jacket then I remembered I had a blanket from home. I took it out and covered Damian and me he seemed more warm now. I kissed his forehead and scooted closer to him and fell asleep again.